Make use of idle land to earn revenue by converting it to glamping resort

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Glamping is a coined word to mean camping with glamor. Instead of tent the accommodation is a tepee that is made of bamboo sheets that look very native to our tropical country. The accommodation comes with an electric fan and a bed with thin cushion for comfortable sleep. Usually the main attraction in a glamping resort is the swimming pool. But I have seen one with no pool but only vegetable gardens and orchard. It is like going to a farm to harvest fruits and vegetables which is a nice experience especially for the kids.

The profitability of a glamping resort is high considering that the facilities are minimal. However, there should be good food in the dining huts so that the guests will remember not only the place but also the food. In my experience of spending 2 nights in a tepee I can say that it was quite comfortable especially because the nights are cool that is conducive to sleeping. What's best is if you go with someone you love so that there will be physical bonding at night. By the say, a glamping resort is also in the list of my potential investment. The only issue now is to find a land that is not too far away from the city.

E

eldavis

This is a very good idea, instead of letting the land waste out there, you can use it for something else until probably when you are ready. I think what you have said here is based on two things. Capital and location. I believe it would cost the owner to actually turn the land into something like this, to be able to give future customers satisfaction. The next issue is location, are the people in that location into such things? If I should start such business here in my country, I would be at a huge loss, though there are some persons who might be willing to try it but majority of the persons around are not into such activities.

Nite

Valued Contributor
People who are lovers of the nature would want to camp in secluded areas only to escape from the city life. For them it's the best way to escape from layers of pollution, skyscrapers, traffic of vehicles. Glamping is the best thing you can offer to those visitors. Particularly with the rise of Covid-19, Glamping has been quite popular, though the set up costs can be high, but if you like looking after people and are handy at marketing, there will be swift payback period.