D

Deleted member 13140

So well I've actually always wanted to start freelance writing but my thoughts are that it's too saturated and it's going to be difficult to get your first client and am probably right, but well I'll just give my thoughts on it as a side hustle for students One of the most lucrative side hustles for students is freelance writing, that's if you don't want to just start a business straight away, Selling writing services to clients is a way for every student to earn money, like i said, I've wanted to do it before, even am still still considering it.

individuals or businesses may be the clients, Freelance writing contracts are only for a limited time and allow the writer to work on their own, and on their own pace as long you deliver at the appropriate time, As a result, it is appropriate for students.

It is not only profitable, but it is also flexible, allowing the independent writer to concentrate on his or her education. Individuals and organizations or brands, I hear 80% of clients are just independent brands who don't have the time to write their own blogs, so these people are in need of freelance writers, they post their needs on these platforms such as fiverr and upwork or freelancer or any other freelance platform along with additional information such as the sort of assignment, the amount of money to be paid, and the project's duration.

Freelance writers then indicate their interest in a specific job and are paid once the project is completed, though its not that easy but that's just the basic information.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Freelancing is a perfect side hustle for a lot of students, one of the most beautiful thing about freelancing is that it is very flexible and it allows you to work on your own pace. I know many people who are students that are into a lot of freelancing jobs such as graphics designing and copywriting. Many lot of them make a whole lot of money doing this jobs. The truth is that it is not really easy to succeed as a freelancer because it is somewhat saturated. There are a lot of ways in which you can get clients as a freelancer and one of them is using your social media profile. There are many people who will be ready to do writing jobs and graphics designing for them. There are many people who host several events in universities and if you can capitalise on this opportunity to make friends with some of these people then you can definitely be doing their graphics designing jobs such as posters and banners for them. This is actually a very good opportunity for you to make money as a student.
You can actually succeed as an online freelancer even with the high level competition, but you need some mentorship from successful people.

D

Deleted member 13140

I don't know anyone that does freelancing in college, but on Instagram if you search freelance writer on the accounts category. You'll see accounts with pictures of teens or college students, not all though but a good number of those accounts were and is owned by college students, and when I checked out the testimonials, it was very inspiring, companies brands and businesses leaving their honest review on the college student and how good she was at the writing, this made me believe it's highly possible and I might actually start mine and see where it goes.

Bubudaddy

it's very possible to freelance as a student and also to get client first of all i;d sugest you join fiver if you have not, put up an advert even when you cant do it you can as well contract the job to other fivers for a lesser pay. I've done that a lot of times.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
When I was getting a basic training on writing some few months ago I was told that writing is among one of the most lucrative online business you can be able to do online to make money , mostly on spare time and that if the demand for your services is high it is a business that you have to dedicate so much of your time to deliver the best results to people who have ordered for your services.

Well in as much as writing is lucrative business it is also among one of the most competitive business in the finance platform and sometimes a new writer may sees hell trying to fit into the freelance platform because of thousands of people that offered the service, this is not to discourage people from engaging in this business but this is just to inform people of what to sees ahead in your journey into freelancing as a writer.

Feelings in general to me is something I won't even consider to make money on anymore because the competition there is just something that discourage a lot of people ,You may even be spending a lot of months on the platform without being able to get a single contract.

E

eldavis

Not just freelancing in writing, freelancing generally, it can be pretty difficult to get your first client. This is because the competition in the freelancing space is extremely tough, it can be pretty hard for new members at the beginning but with time I believe things would settle down. You just have to be consistent, freelancing is one of the best online business to go into right now.