Lingering Health Issues AFTER COVID-19

cmoneyspinner

Well I made it through the first and second year of the pandemic. I considered myself very fortunate. When the vaccine became available, I was one of those hard-headed people who did not trust the science enough to let the medical health professionals inject something into my body. I am in my 60s and simply decided that i am going to die of something, and that "something" could be COVID. Since I was not having any health problems I figured I would take my chances. Some of my kids feel the same way and decided against getting vaccinate. Some of my other kids decided to go ahead and get vaccinated. Long story short. My son came home from work sick with COVID. Judging by how quickly it spread to all of us living under the same roof, it was probably the Omicron variant.

So the first week of my new year 2022, I was wrestling with COVID. We have all passed through the virus: both the vaccinated and the unvaccinated. Seems like everybody is back to normal except me. For some reason I have lingering symptoms. One is a cough that won't quit. The other symptom is that I get tired quickly. A friend of mine told me his lingering symptoms lasted for about 3 months. Other people are saying that their symptoms just won't go away.

Have you had COVID? Do you have any lingering symptoms OR did you bounce back and continue with normal daily living?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I like this topic because I have been hearing of issues that are bothering those who have recovered from covid. To be frank, I had been sent to quarantine because the hospital staff said that I was positive of covid (based on the swab test but they didn't show me the proof of the result). Anyway, there are mixed martial arts fighters and even tennis players whose performance is greatly affected. One fighter complains of stamina that seemed to be losing steam after 10 minutes of training. In the present big tournament now (Australian Open) former champion Sofia Kenin lost in the first round that I suspect was due to lack of stamina. She had covid in 2021.

My take on covid is this - the things that doctors say about covid are not conclusive. It is like they are just guessing. Look at the prescription of face mask. At first the WHO said no need for face mask. Now it is compulsory. That is a clear proof that the health authorities are ignorant.

cmoneyspinner

My take on covid is this - the things that doctors say about covid are not conclusive. It is like they are just guessing. Look at the prescription of face mask. At first the WHO said no need for face mask. Now it is compulsory. That is a clear proof that the health authorities are ignorant.
Yes. It is because I lacked confidence and felt like the scientists and healthcare professionals were "guessing" about what to do, albeit they were "educated guesses", I still did not want to inject my body with something when I am enjoying fairly good health. They report a lot of stuff on the news but when you talk to individuals who have experienced COVID you wonder why you don't hear more stories like theirs. The thing that really frightened me were reports I heard from people who work at the funeral homes or who perform the autopsies to determine cause of death, about the bodies of the people who had died from COVID. I mean ... isn't this a scary article? 93% Of Autopsies Reveal People Who Were Vaccinated With Covid-19 Jab Died From Vaccine - Nemos News Network

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Just like you, I don't take the vaccine serious. But that doesn't mean I don't believe in the virus or its efficacy. I was just being cautious based on the controversies that surround the issue of the vaccine. The other reason is that I live in a tropical place where the virus doesn't really have any effect. I know by now you may be regreting not getting vaccinated when you have the chance. I wish you quick recovery and I think it is better to get your vaccinated in order to make sure that you are healthy

cmoneyspinner

Just like you, I don't take the vaccine serious. But that doesn't mean I don't believe in the virus or its efficacy. I was just being cautious based on the controversies that surround the issue of the vaccine. The other reason is that I live in a tropical place where the virus doesn't really have any effect. I know by now you may be regreting not getting vaccinated when you have the chance. I wish you quick recovery and I think it is better to get your vaccinated in order to make sure that you are healthy
Thank you. With each passing day I am regaining my strength. Honestly? I am cool with the fact that I chose NOT to get the vaccination. I am aslo cool with the fact that my youngest daughter who is in her 20s chose to get the vaccination. Her body quickly responded to the virus infection and she got over it right away. I still won't get the vaccine. I work from home and don't worry about going out and infecting anybody.

Ganibade

Verified member
Many people were infected by covid-19. When this pandemic started on till my sister travel to dubai for house maid job and order to take care of sick person and as a result of this she was infected with covid-19, immediately I heard this I told her sponsor to care her to the hospital and she was recommended drugs for her and she recovered instantly. That how I believe in it.