Let us tackle floods

Stena

Hello there!
The issue of floods have become of concern to me. In 2012, my community was among the many submerged by an unprecedented flood.

I have grown to understand that floods are among the several 'Act of God'. Still, I think we have in a way triggered this hazard.

One of the ways we have consciously or unconsciously triggered the force of nature is by our indiscriminate waste disposal. I once passed by an area where residents came out during a heavy downpour to dispose all manner of wastes in the shallow gutters. While the water would try its best to transport some waste down to our rivers and ocean, some stubborn waste would be retained in the gutters, and what would one expect when the gutter can no longer carry the water for which it was designed to carry?
This would leave the gutters no choice than to vomit outrageous amount of water to our roads, farms, houses and other facilities, causing massive destruction. The 2012 flood ate up billions worth of spoil and I still think we had a part to play in it.

However, we have to be environmentally conscious; the government and we the citizenry.
What are those things you think could be helpful to tackling flood incidents?

Maria Javed

Hi everyone how are you all well. Today I am tell about floods.
The government of every country must ensure to build the dams to stop floods.
Floods occur when rain is heavily when ocean waves are come on the shore. Usually we can not stop the raining or melted of glaciers. We can stop the causes like breakage of dams or poor drainage system etc.
Floods can be controlled by floodways or dams.
Flooding is a problem because of it people causes death or injuries.
The effects of floods in the environment is flooding can damage the natural balance of the economy system.