JPMorgan Analysts: Bitcoin May Hit $45K with Rising Gold Prices

hoangutat02

According to JPMorgan analysts, the current price of gold hovering around $2,000 per ounce indicates that the price of Bitcoin may soon rise to $45,000. The reason behind this projection is the positive correlation between these two assets, as they tend to fluctuate in tandem, and Bitcoin is considered by investors as an alternative to gold.
The JPMorgan analysts, led by expert Nikolaos Panigirtzoglou, wrote in their recent analysis:
"With the price of gold surpassing $2,000, the total value of gold in circulation outside of central banks is estimated to be around $3 trillion. This implies that Bitcoin should have a price of $45,000 under the assumption that the proportion of Bitcoin and gold remains balanced in private investors' portfolios."
The prediction of $45,000 is also not overly optimistic. According to JPMorgan, BTC has limited room for growth because the upcoming Halving event in April-May 2024 will double the cost of mining one Bitcoin to $40,000.
"In the past, the mining cost of Bitcoin has acted as a lower effective bound. After each Halving, we have witnessed a bull-run in the market, evidenced by the Halving events in 2016 and 2020."
The Halving in 2024 will reduce the mining reward by half, from 6.25 BTC to 3.125 BTC.
As for the second-largest cryptocurrency, Ethereum (ETH), JPMorgan analysts believe that ETH will continue to face selling pressure from now until mid-year or longer. Although the number of ETH on exchanges has reached its lowest point since 2016 due to the staking trend, there is still selling demand from some users.
"Therefore, we believe Ethereum will underperform Bitcoin in the near future."
Overall, JPMorgan maintains a cautious stance on digital assets due to regulatory crackdowns from the United States, the lack of banking-crypto networks, and the aftermath of the FTX collapse.
At the time of reporting, BTC is trading around $26,700, and ETH around $1,830.

mikeshosho

That`s true, BTC is not so powerfull now as it was a few years ago.
I invest in coins that have only recently appeared, because they always have potential. For example, recently invested in the new coin RADIX, they have an impressive staking system. What coins do you invest in?

mantruang8

Investors need to be more educated about the risks and red flags associated with cryptocurrency investments. Awareness is key in avoiding these scams

bambiturnhau

I hope the victims of these scams are able to get their money back and that the responsible individuals face severe consequences for their fraudulent actions

yanheaynth8

The promise of high returns within a short period is often a red flag for scams. It's unfortunate that so many people fell for it

camtranu2nh8

The rise in cryptocurrency scams highlights the need for stronger consumer protection measures and law enforcement efforts

vamtri14893

Scammers exploiting the booming crypto industry only tarnish its reputation. It's important for legitimate businesses and investors to work together to build trust

okanheiq181

I agree with JPMorgan's cautious stance on digital assets. Regulatory concerns and the FTX collapse have certainly created uncertainties.

okanheei91

I'm curious to know if JPMorgan has any specific projections for other cryptocurrencies apart from Bitcoin and Ethereum

quant8ranhhs

The mention of Canada's regulations leading to Bybit and Binance ceasing operations is a reminder of how regulatory environments can impact crypto platforms

luongknhe192

I appreciate the mention of the clear regulatory approach in Canada compared to the United States. It's important for the industry to have supportive frameworks

okchoitia82

The discussion on the correlation between Bitcoin and gold makes me reconsider my investment strategy. Perhaps diversifying with both assets could be a good idea

quangviet94

The upcoming Halving event in April-May 2024 is expected to double the cost of mining one Bitcoin to $40,000. Therefore, it is possible that by April-May, Bitcoin may potentially return to its previous peak of $69,000.