Is there a business I can start with $400.

Etini

Valued Contributor
People have been advocating for young entrepreneurs to start from somewhere and not wait till everything is perfect before they start that their dream business. For a young guy who desperately wants to be self-employed, and has taken up paid employment to raise and save up capital for his business. He has been able to raise $400? Is this amount reasonable to start any business at any level? If yes? Which business could that be? And how do I go about setting up the business with that amount as capital? Would I need to do the business full-time or part-time?

When you hear inspiring stories of people that started with almost nothing, you are challenged to make a push for that entrepreneurial freedom. They always say you should start at the basic level if you don't have the capital to push for a grand start. Can this my modest amount help me achieve my dreams to start a business?

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you want to start an online business $400 is a lot of money. With this amount, you can start selling from your own online store. If you use premium platforms like shopify, you will have to spend $400 just to create an online store, however, if you use a free platform like woocommerce all you need is domain and hosting, which can be bought for less than $50. You can use your remaining money to stockpile products you want to sell and also to market your store and products. While an inventory-based business can cost you some serious investment, if you choose free business models like dropshipping, or print-on-demand, $400 will be a lot of money. If you want to use third-party platforms like etsy or amazon, you might have to invest money to create products and your cost might go high, however, if you do print-on-demand, the startup cost is very low.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
$400 is a lot of money depending on your country , but at the same time if proper preparations and plan has not been made you will not likely be able to achieve anything with that money . That is why you have to make proper plans of what you are interested to establish and weight it upon different factors to determine the most suitable one before you take the decision to establish any business or you are just.

If you are living in a location that is highly populated I'll suggest you to engage in a POS business , it is a profitable business most especially if your location is not closer to the bank.

If that won't be suitable for you based on your time and other factors then you have to consider engaging in online business but first of all you should be looking for opportunities to get a laptop.