Business Ideas Is Small Cold Store Business Lucrative?

Moni

A cool store or cold store Is usually a large refrigerated room or building designed for the storage of goods in an environment below the outdoor temperature. Products needing refrigeration include fruits, vegetables, seafood, and meats.

But in this post, we are only interested in how we can make money in a small cold store where we can only sell things like meat, fish, and vegetables.

Selling fish is quite a good way to make money in many communities. This is because most people nowadays ate try to quit eating red meat. If I say eating red meat, I mean eating meat that contains blood due to some doctor's advice. This had made the fish business lucrative.

Most people also like eating Chicken and other meat from birds and if I say birds I mean domestic birds (poultry birds). Therefore, there is no way of mentioning all of the above food without mentioning the refrigerator since these are all perishable foods. This means before we can keep the food and sell them freshly, we also need to keep them in a refrigerator to preserve them.

This is also called a cool store or a cold store. Can this type of business be lucrative in your community or area either you do it wholesale or just small?

Rachael

Verified member
A cold store room is a profitable business especially in my country where electricity supply is a big challenge even when you have cleared or paid the necessary bills allotted. The cold store business is a type of business that involves constant power supply for freezing of mainly consumable food items or products such as; fish, meat of all kinds, grinded tomatoes, sachet water and lots more. The cold store room business would be profitable if the business is set up in a location without stable power supply and also in an environment where traders operate frequently. This business has to be setup in strategic locations to maximize and get the needed customers attraction. For instance, if the business is set up in areas where there are large or popular markets, it would be very lucrative to the owner because people will always refer those who are looking for ways to freeze their products and those who hawk sachet water and cold drinks in the market. Also, if the business is set up in a location that is close to a major area that has congested traffic, then it would be profitable because those who sell and those who hawk sachet and bottle water and also cold drinks would patronize frequently.