Is saving not stinginess and greediness

Carpon

Valued Contributor
When I began actively saving, people around me began saying that I've become very stingy with money and I want to get and grab any money making opportunity that comes my way depicting me as a very greedy person.

But actually that was because I wanted to save and my saving usually makes my spending limited and the funds I have available for spending is also very limited and that was why I was trying as much as possible to get more ways that i can earn and not allow such opportunities pass me.

So I want us to analyse this and draw a conclusion on whether saving is a factor that leads to stinginess and greediness likewise.
Personally I do not see it that way but people around me think differently.

So if you say no, saving doesn't lead to stinginess and greediness, then explain why you say so in a very satisfactory manner.
I hope to hear from you!

I see nothing wrong with saving if you are doing it for a purpose not just saving to become a millionaire, because when you hit the millions you will spend it to maintain your lifestyle and other expenses that will chip away some cash from you, you have to also be very frugal to be able to save millions if your salary is not that large.

I also find people that save to be over calculative on their expenses and they tend to be stingy even to themselves, they do not buy nice things for themselves.

The number one solution to all of these is to get a cash cow, that is a business that will be giving you money easily without having to worry about spending, building a business is not as easy as it seems but at the end of the day freedom will be result of your hard work, so it is more like choosing your type of poison.

Saving is not stinginess. Saving is the opposite of greed.

Saving is the act of having something left over after you've used up all your money or resources. It's what happens when you put away money into a bank account so that you can use it later on.

It's not about hoarding or keeping things for yourself; if you save, you're giving your money to someone else in exchange for an interest rate or return on investment. You're not keeping it for yourself and cashing in on it later.

you're offering it up for others to enjoy, like a friend or family member who needs an extra hand when they come by for dinner because their car broke down and they can't get home until tomorrow. And if that friend or family member does decide to take the money from your savings account and spend it instead, that's okay! Now they have more money to spend on whatever they need: food, rent, bills, etcetera.

Saving is never about stinginess or greedy,I see nothing wrong in saving,you save for your own good not for the sake of people. Will you because people think otherwise and not save? No. If you don't save and there is a time in which you need money to sort out one or two things,those very people will not try to be of help. You see,in this life,you can never please anyone and also,learn not to care about what people say, else you will end up frustrating yourself some day or fall into depression,why because you feel you don't satisfy them. Saving is very important because it saves you from alot when in need,it also save you from going into debt now and then.

There is nothing wrong with saving,this is why it is good to have a laid down plan, goals/aims before saving. If you do,you will actually see saving as helping yourself in future and not of been stingy.

Well i feel it depends on how you view it though. Personally i see saving as a means of preparing yourself. I believe anyone saving today is saving for a reason, it could be because they want to startup a business or go into an investment, others save so they can have something to fall back to during raining days, while there are some who save maybe because they have something they want to buy or achieve. When you save with a purpose, i don't consider it as being stingy or greedy, infact it takes alot of self discipline to be able to save. This is what so many persons do not understand.