Business Ideas Is Orange Farming A Good Business?

Sikapa

Verified member
Orange is a citric fruit of highly juice. According to research, it has over six species. Orange farming can be a lucrative business because is also a cash crop. If I say cash crop, cash crop is a crop that are grown for sale. Unlike yam, tomatoes and other annual crops, orange is a biannual crop which means it can take about two to three years before you can harvest.

Orange is beneficial to human because it contains vitamin C which is essential for body growth and also it has so many roles to play in human bodies. Not mentioning it healthy benefits but few, orange heals wounds, it also reduces shrinkage in human bodies.

Orange promote healthy hair growth and many other things and I'm sure this is the reason why they use orange in manufacturing of pomade. Because of the good tests, orange are use in manufacturing of fruit juice.

To start orange farming, the farmer must have a free land on which he will cultivate the orange. If I say a free land, is because one, orange is a cash crop which means you are going to grow for money. Secondly, is biannual crop, meaning it will take more than a year to harvest and of the farmer take good care of it, it can last for about ten years.

Setho

VIP Contributor
Orange has remained as one of the most popular fruit in the world right now. It's just a lot of species that can grow almost all over the world and that makes it a very important thing in the ecosystem .

Orange is usually take about 3 years at the minimum after planting before you can start reaping the benefits and that is something that you should greatly consider before starting a farm . It is not something that you can plant with the hope that you are going to start making massive profit from it very soon .

Orange is also have a very large amount of consumers that you can sell as a huge variety of it is usually eaten raw in the household . You can also choose to sell you the right product to food companies like people who produce juices and flavours .

Generally , orange usually contains escubac and folic acid which is a very important fruit that is used for the maintenance of wellness and body processes . It can be used to prevent and correct disorders that has to do with seeing and also helps somebody to have healthy hairs and strong bones in their body .

Jasz

VIP Contributor
There are many reasons orange farming is a good business to get into, but here are the top five:

1. Orange trees can be planted in almost any environment. Orange trees are hardy, and can be grown in a variety of conditions, which means you can try your hand at orange farming no matter where you live.

2. You can harvest oranges for up to ten years after planting an orange tree. Because orange trees continue to produce for such a long time, you don't have to keep buying new plants year after year.

3. Oranges are one of the most easily recognizable fruit in Africa and America , and are easy to sell because they're so popular. Of course, if you want to sell oranges that have been genetically modified or treated with other chemicals not found in nature, you'll have to go through the FDA's approval process first, but otherwise, it's fairly easy to sell oranges on their own or as part of other products like juice or jam.

4. There is always demand for oranges and orange-based products—nobody ever seems to grow sick of them! This makes it easy to find buyers for all the oranges you grow, no matter how many there are.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
When it comes to veggie and fruits farming I believe there are very lucrative. These are two naturally given products that humans would always love to consume. The only snag is that it is seasonal but when it comes to making money off it in it is season, it is really easy. Orange is one fruits that people like as you can use it I different form for your personal use.

Orange has its health benefits and people know this, so it is readily bought but those that need to go into its faming should find a good location to get the best soil for it. Remember that organge comes in its season so know that you should get into other ventures to continue making money because you can’t sell orange the whole year round. Regardless, that is a seasonal fruit, you should try to take advantage of it in its season by making a good amount of it during then.

So I will write that orange fruits are great when it is its season, so get the right location ,soil, manure and you would set up your orange farm business for success.