Is it Possible to Build a Career in Blogging?

Mika

VIP Contributor
Blogging is a good side hustle to earn extra income or a method to make passive income, however, is it possible to build a career in blogging?

A blogging career means you make at least around $3000 per month from your blog (a lesser amount if you happen to be in low-income countries).

Is it possible to make that kind of money? To earn that much, your website needs to get 20-30 thousand daily traffic. For most bloggers, it is not possible. A lot of people can make $100-$200 from their blog, but not enough to support them as a full-time career.

If you like writing, blogging can be very enjoyable, and also a source to make extra income, which is completely passive. You might have to spend a lot of time and work really hard to build traffic on your blog, however, once you start getting traffic, revenue will start building without you having to do any hard work or work on a regular basis.

Blogging is definitely possible way to earn money on the internet but it is very important that we should know that it is not a get-rich-quick scheme. It takes a lot of time for you to accumulate your earnings on blogging. as a blogger, you would need to keep posting quality content that are engaging and this will keep driving traffic to your website and if you are very knowledgeable in SEO, it is going to be an added advantage because these are the skills needed by a blogger. What I found very interesting about blogging is that it gives you passive income. I just created my own blog and I am still struggling to build audience. You need to explore all the possible areas to grow your audience. posting content and ensuring that the contents are engaging is one of the quickest
way to drive considerable traffic to your website. Plagiarism is one of the things that will kill your website . This is why it's always advisable to blogg your passion, because fresh ideas will keep running through your mind without having to plagiarize or copy content from other sources. Blogging is a very good online career with lots of potentials.

Yes, it is possible to build a career in blogging, but now a days the competition is high day by day. You have to do seo for your blog if you want to start your career in the blogging field.

Only few people now make a living from blogging. Those people that started in the early 2000's mostly, but the field is now highly saturated that newbies find it hard to stand out and get the much needed organic traffic for monetization.
I think anyone trying to do this should initially have a business or job while taking blogging as a side hustle.

This way, you have a way of enjoying the process without worrying about finances. You can spend years building the blog, looking for ways to generate more organic traffic and improve your rating on search engines.

It also depends on location, since tier 1 countries generally generate more money than tier 2 countries for the same amount of traffic. You should consider the average for your region and use that as a yardstick.

Blogging is one online earning method that most people have built a career in. But for most people, it is just something that they enjoy doing and it has become a side hustle that earns them some extra cash.

The most important thing in order to make money from blogging is building traffic. Therefore, as a blogger, your main focus should be on gaining skills that enable you get as much traffic as possible.

Then you also need to be consistent in posting content regularly in your blog. When you get traffic, you will need to keep them busy with regular content. Otherwise, you will loose them.

That is why it is always advised that you choose a niche that you are most interested in and one that you have most knowledge in it. That way, you never get bored to research and write about it. Soon, you will start making good money from your blog.

Celebrated youtubers make millions, however, I have not heard of anyone making hundreds of thousands, let alone millions, through blogging. However, I absolutely believe that it is possible to make money through blogging. That's because you can make money through blogging multiple methods, for example network ads, affiliate ads, product sales, digital product sale, sponsorship, ad sales, etc. Since there are multiple methods to make money through blogging, it is possible to build a career through blogging. However, in order to build a career in blogging, you also need to build skills in multiple areas. You need to be very good at writing, and in the same time, you also need to be very good at SEO and digital marketing. Whether you will become successful or not depends on your ability to build traffic on your blog. Building a career in blogging is not easy, you might have to work for years.