Is it okay to take an under paying job?

Axis

Banned
Each and every one of us obviously need a job that will pay us reasonably and comfortably for every activities and work that we put into it, however majority of individuals decide to settle for jobs that are totally under paying in nature, that is to say that this jobs paid in lesser than the work and activities they perform. According to statistics and research the possible reasons for this is because such individuals have no other alternatives especially if they are living in a country or environment where jobs are scarce. This especially is a problem in some countries of west Africa we a hardship abound.

In Nigeria unemployment has become a big problem and a lot of individuals have decided never to stay idle but instead do minial jobs or underpaying jobs. Deciding whether to settle for an under paying job is a personal choice but it is advice that if you must have to settle for a job that pay you less than the work or activity that you perform you should still look for other opportunities.

Etini

Valued Contributor
There is nothing wrong when you come down to take an underpaying job when you are starting out your journey in the job market. You use that underpaying job to build vital experience that would help you acquire on the job skills that would make you become highly sought after.

I had taken an underpaying job as a high school teacher but it helped me to gather the experience I have found very valuable in running my business. Nothing is wrong to take an underpaying job but everything is wrong with settling for a long time in a job that keeps underpaying you.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
People could start with underpaying jobs until they find a job in their domain. Still unemployed is not the ideal solution at all. Because you need some money for your daily life inquiries. However, if you do not accept any job then you will face unemployment, and being broke is not the ideal solution at all.