Is huge and attractive salary the main factor to consider when looking for a job?

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Having a prestigious and high salary paying job is every dream of a job seeker , but job seekers tends to be only focused about the salary aspects of a job rather than considering other factors as well . A lot of you may be surprised that there are other factors to consider about a job apart from how much you will be paid as salary . Most prestigious and high jobs today , are time consuming and could restrict one from connecting with his or her family they know . Most families and couples around today as a result of being committed to work rather than to the family and marriage this is caused as a result of the job requesting more of the employees time , energy , and knowledge and so when it comes to family or marriage activities they've become tired and overworked .

Apart from considering how time demanding a job is , another factor to consider is how favorable the business environment is . Employees and workers go through some emotional stress from other employees as a result of racism caused by language barriers , skin colour , country crisis , and discrimination etc . job seekers must understand that their comfortability in the business organisation they intend to work should be considered as major priority , because being comfortable in your workplace gives you peace of mind , sanity and relaxation etc .

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Every year, millions of people change jobs. A lot of these people do so because they need more money. And while a big paycheck is certainly nice, it isn't always the most important factor people should consider when looking at potential new jobs.

1: Does the company have a good reputation?

2: Will you be happy in your role?

3: Is there a career path for you?

4: Is this going to be a positive work experience?

There are other factors that should be considered, such as:

-Challenging work

-Opportunities to learn and grow

-A culture you love

Other factors include:

-A team of people you love and enjoy spending time with

-A company you want to support

If you're happy in your job and it's a good fit for your career, that's the most important thing.

If you're more concerned with things like advancement opportunities, flexibility, and work-life balance, that's perfectly ok! It's important to know what's most important to you and make sure those elements are met before making your decision.

However, a great deal of research has been done on this topic, but it seems that in most cases, salary ends up being the deciding factor in most recruiter's minds. Even if they say they're looking at other factors, they tend to rely on salary when it comes time to make their final decision—even if they don't realize they're doing so.

This is especially true when there are large differences in salary between different applicants.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There is no doubt that a lot of people are majorly motivated by the amount of money they are going to make in a particular job but that is not always the case for everybody because there are so many things you must look at before you accept a job whether the salary is big or not. Firstly, it is very important that people value their time by rejecting small salaries and peanuts. It is also very much important that money should not be the only motivation why you are in a particular job because there are certain things you must know as long as you are ambitious. If you are not ambitious then that is fine but if you are ambitious you must try as much as possible to know the reputation of that business. Sometimes when people hear that you are working for a particular business they will be looking at you as if you are a fool because of the kind of bad reputation that company has. There are also some good businesses that is a motivation to a lot of people. Another major thing you should look at is if the job will actually give you the opportunity and time for you to grow yourself.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Having a prestigious and high salary paying job is every dream of a job seeker , but job seekers tends to be only focused about the salary aspects of a job rather than considering other factors as well . A lot of you may be surprised that there are other factors to consider about a job apart from how much you will be paid as salary . Most prestigious and high jobs today , are time consuming and could restrict one from connecting with his or her family they know . Most families and couples around today as a result of being committed to work rather than to the family and marriage this is caused as a result of the job requesting more of the employees time , energy , and knowledge and so when it comes to family or marriage activities they've become tired and overworked .

Apart from considering how time demanding a job is , another factor to consider is how favorable the business environment is . Employees and workers go through some emotional stress from other employees as a result of racism caused by language barriers , skin colour , country crisis , and discrimination etc . job seekers must understand that their comfortability in the business organisation they intend to work should be considered as major priority , because being comfortable in your workplace gives you peace of mind , sanity and relaxation etc .
Hi. Thank you very much for your informative thread. I like the topic you have chosen. It is true that people are interested in finding a job that will offer them a very good salary so as to cover their personal needs and the needs of their family.

Unfortunately, life is too expensive today. The truth is that we have created a lot of needs and most of them are not real. We always need more and more things: a better car, a better house, a better laptop or a better mobile phone. This is endless. For this reason, it is very important to have a good income in order to cover these needs whether they are real or not.

I believe that a huge and attractive salary is a significant factor to consider when looking for a job but it is not only that. It is also important to have a job that is not so stressful and time-consuming otherwise we may damage our health. Our health is more important than the money we earn from our job so we have to protect it. In the past, I had a job that was so stressful that I decided to leave it and look for a new one although the money I earned was good. I think I made the right choice. Now, I have an offline job which is not so stressful, the money is very good and I have free time so that I can make some money online as well. :)

Yhubee

For me, when looking for a job, a good salary is important but also I am concerned with the working environment. The working environment had to be conducive for me to be able to put in my best effort. Just as the writer rightly said, other employees can make the working atmosphere inconvenient due to discrimination and other bad attitudes and behaviours.with this, I won't be comfortable and it can affect me personally which can in turn affect my capacity to work in the organization.
Another thing I would look out for when job seeking is a less stressful job.
Stress is inevitable at some point but I should not be too stressed to the point that once I am done from work , I am too tired to do anything at home.
I will also go for a job that I am good at. I wouldn't want to venture into anything that I am not sure I can give my best and would only end up struggling at the end of the day.
Another thing is that I would go for a job that I will enjoy doing. It should be something I love , in order for me to give my best.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Huge or fat salary alone may not the one focus but to be honest with you, as far as am concerned and as long as this country is concerned, fat salary is a major determinant for me. Unless am going to be deceiving myself. What else would do the trick of not for a very good salary. If we are going to be very realistic with ourselves in a country where you provide virtually everything for yourself and the government is doing close to nothing despite all the billions of money they do realise from taxation. In this country I pay for everything. Here we provide security for ourselves as we make a country in the host community every end of the month to settle up security Bills, this money is given to the night watchmen as the policemen are highly inadequate. Again we still provide electricity for ourselves by either going for a generator set and we buy our gasoline. And service our generators, some even go for solar panels that are been used to power up their gadgets. We also contribute money to repair our electricity and buy poles and wires and pay for water and education. So tell me why a fat salary will not attract me.