Is gas plant a good business idea?

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Title incorrect sentence format
Having fulfilled the necessary requirements in addition to a formal presentation of the
conceptual study to the Department, the Director may grant the applicant the licence to
establish the Gas plant consequent upon which the applicant may proceed with the
detailed Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) phase of the gas plant
project.
The validity of the licence to establish the gas plant shall be for a period of two years
after which it shall lapse.
The Department shall participate in all the activities that lead to the development of the
above documents.

As we know gas production and supply seems to be one of the major economic strength in Nigeria, just recently the minister for petroleum state proposed gas production and supply to replace petrol or fuel production as gas is seen to to be more environment friendly as compared to petrol.

In almost all homes today in Nigeria everyone seems to have a can of gas irrespective of the size and weight, looking from that perspective would you consider starting starting a gas plant a good business idea?

funmi

Verified member
Well, having a gas plant is not a bad business idea as long as you have the capital to set it up and their is good location for you to plant the gas. More so, you must be able to meet up with the requirements and laws giving to you by the board that controls the marketers. Having a gas plant is really a good business idea and it is also profitable.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Every household in Nigeria have at least one gas cylinder and it as almost replaced the conventional stove in houses. Investing in such business, is in the right direction. Some of the gas plant do home delivery service . Although, the business is fast becoming saturated but with a different strategy, one will make headway

Mika

VIP Contributor
In my home country, you need at least $700,000 to start a gas plant. This is a big money. You also need to do a lot of paperwork. Therefore, I can not see myself as an owner of a gas plant. However, you can start a fast station and sell fuel for just about $300,000. Likewise, if you want to sell LPG to households, you can start this business for $1000.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It will definitely be, you just stated that most homes are into gas usage which I can attest to this. Because in my location now I don't think there's a home without a gas.cylinder. so almost everyone is in need of gas.now. it will be a booming business if one should venture into it

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
It will definitely be, you just stated that most homes are into gas usage which I can attest to this. Because in my location now I don't think there's a home without a gas.cylinder. so almost everyone is in need of gas.now. it will be a booming business if one should venture into it
Seriously, this is becoming a rampant in my country.... Before you move from one place, you will see gas plant shops. I think it's becoming lucrative this days because of the rate at which people are buying gas and using them, is alarming. But inorder to set up this kind of business you will need to have enough stable capital before indulging.

Setho

VIP Contributor
If my estimates are correct a majority of the population use gas to cook and a lot of people to use fuel for their cars so this will be a very good business idea.

Josemendez

Verified member
Gas plant is a good business that is very much in demand because people need to fill their cooking gas . The major issue with such type of business is that it demands careful measures. One need an experienced operator to run the business because there could be fire explosion in the process of running the business.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
The business is profitable , in my location there is high demand of gas and the stores that are selling are not many , probably because some people are scared of opening a store , considering how dangerous gas could be , also but before opening the business , checkmate where you are operating it

Makah

Having a gas plant or a gas station is a very lucrative business now in my country since almost everyone owns a gas cylinder
Though some people are still scared with using gas due to some gas issue
It's widely used everywhere now and even food sellers use it now days
So having a gas plant is not a bad business idea

Good luck

Verified member
Gas plant business is really growing by the day due to technology that keeps advancing every time.We have leave the era of using kerosene with the aid of stove.few people use coal pot in cooking.but a good number of people prefer to use gas to cook due to its proficiency and it is very easy to set up and also maintained