Is Gambling The Same Thing As Forex Trading?

Bisolami

Verified member
Over time, I've always heard some people say that Forex trading is not different from gambling. Though, I don't know much about Forex trading. What I know very well is crypto trading. And I can boldly say that crypto trading is not gambling because you can always trade with the price action. But when it comes to forex, I don't know anything about it.
To the forex traders here, I want to ask if forex trading is the same thing as gambling or not.
And I also wish to know if forex trading is profitable or not because I would love to engage in it.

Richee84

Gambling and Forex are two different things and can never be classified as been the same. Even though most people see it in that perception but there is a clear difference between the two.
Forex trading require a lot of techniques to be a successful trader in Forex while there is no much techniques need in gambling to be a lucky winner.
Gambling require some luck to win as there is no clear chance of winning in gambling. In gambling there is no going back once you have place your bet, is either you win or loose. It is very easy to loose all your entire money in gambling once you place your bet on the wrong side. Gambling come with a lot of risk and it is not how perfect a person can be before the person can win or loose in gambling.
To me gambling is all about a game of luck and there is no need for much technical knowledge as even the person who has never play a gambling game before can play for the first time and become rich.
Forex has a lower risk compare to gambling as if one is able to have he knowledge needed in it, the person can minimize the level of loss.

Asahi

Verified member
I don’t maintain any trading journal but always focus on making right trading plan because I know that a good trading plan is the driver of success. FXOpulence is a supportive broker, allowing traders with smart bridge technology and whopping 1:500 leverage.