Is Email Marketing Still Relevant in 2022

Shaf

Verified member
You can't have people discuss digital marketing without including email marketing in the list, but how effective is it now on 2022?

I do know of people who rarely check their emails, and some even forget their addresses or passwords. How will you target such people with email marketing?

Some people say it's still relevant and I've seen scenarios where this applies. Professionals who do their business online tend to develop the habit of checking their emails, and so do people in most developed nations who get most of their correspondence through email.

Suba

Staff member
I myself may also be the same as other people, I rarely open email every day, once opened an email only to delete hundreds of inboxes without being read. So I think email marketing is currently less effective, moreover email marketing that is classified as spam is certainly very annoying.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Email marketing is effective even in 2022, and will continue to be effective. If you hear people that they did not succeed with email marketing, you must know that they were not doing it correctly. One of the major problems with email marketing is people start sending emails to random people, another problem is they buy email list or use unethical tactics to get email addresses of people. Email marketing will become successful only when you have a list of email addresses from the people who genuinely subscribed to your email services. If people genuinely subscribe to your email list and if you send emails to these people, they will not only check the emails but even interact with your email messages (click links, buy products, etc.). In order to build subscribers you need to offer valuable services and products. Marketers also start spamming, this is a big problem in email marketing.