Is buying lands a good investment?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I cannot buy land for a long-term investment but I will rather invest my money in cryptocurrency and yield a reasonable amount of profit,I do not have time for any offline investment as I consider digital investment more profitable like the cryptocurrency I have just said.

IamDozzy

Buying land is always a good business because land and any other real estate property appreciates in the sense that it's value over the coming years would be more than its present value due to factors like development and other social economic factors. People that invested in real estate in the 90s have become millionaires due to the appreciative nature of lands and population explosion.

BreakDown89

You’ve heard it before: “land is the best investment.”

But is it?
Traditional wisdom says real estate usually appreciates in value over time. But investing in undeveloped land isn’t quite as simple as investing in a duplex. And with the economy issues of the last decade, consumers have been granted a firsthand look at the volatility of real estate and land, leading them to question conventional thinking.

The short answer? Investment in land can be a wise one. The trick, however is entering into the venture fully informed and with a game plan.

Before making a land purchase, consider these points.

Knowing what to look for in raw land is vital​

Raw land is a catch-all term for undeveloped or unused land. When most people talk about investing in land, this is probably what they mean—buying an out-of-town parcel on the cheap and holding on to it until the time is right. Of course, what you see isn’t always what you get.

Here’s what to watch out for:
  • Is the ground solid enough to accommodate your building plans (or the plans of future builders)?
  • Is water accessible via a well or city hookup?
  • How is the condition of surrounding properties? Does the seller have any agreements with them?
  • Is there road access? Will you be able to get any large equipment you need into the property?
  • Are there any zoning issues that could hamper your future plans?
No matter how good the deal seems, make sure you do two things before you buy. First, get topography, soil, drainage, and other similar reports done, so you know exactly what you’re buying.

Second, visit the land in person. This can seem like kind of a no-brainer, but many people buying undeveloped or remote land are satisfied with a couple satellite images.
Probably the best long term investment.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Buying Land is a good investment, because as Time goes on you will get more profit by selling out the land in a higher rate, buying of land is a profitable and good investments depending on the location you choose to buy The Land, buying Land in a new development area is the best location to make profit when buying lands, in a new development area many people will have to come in to get a land in order to build their house.

Mika

VIP Contributor
In my place, investment in landed property is very lucrative. You can earn big profits in less than a year. However, you need a lot of money to invest in land, you will also need to hold onto your investment for a long time because sometimes reselling the landed property takes time. In my place, you need at least $30,000 to start investing in land.

funmi

Verified member
Investing on purchasing lands is a very good business. I have never heard where land depreciate before. Land always appreciates even if you buy a land today and decide to sell it out the following day,it is possible for you to sell at a higher price of what you bought it yesterday. All you need is to get a good buyer and one who is ready to pay immediately.

Dora Wi

Real estate is mostly a market where prices go up over time, but you also have to be careful about selecting the area to invest in as there can be places where property is actually depreciating. So apart from looking at the quality of the land that you want to buy, you should also look at the area and the possible future of it. For example, if you manage to choose a location, for example, where prices are low but a lot of development is happening, that's a great option since the property will probably appreciate quite well.

Samuel72

Verified member
Yes of course buying Land is a good business but sometimes it depends on the environment where the land is located, this is because location affect the price of land sometimes when you buy land in an urban area the land easily increase in value and you can easily get buyer for the land but when you buy land in a rural area the land hardly increase in price and buyers are very hard to find.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The benefit one can derive from selling or acquiring land can not be underestimated. Land does appreciate in value and once acquired with the relevant legal backing together with good location, there is tendency that it is capabling of generating more than its ten folds.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Investing in land, brings more investment return as time proceeds. When buying land(s) we shod look out for favourable location, location with chances to advance in value and bring us profit in the future. And not going for land that will take more than 100 years to develop, i can't invest a dime there.

danmolina

Invest in land is good, after years probably the land will increase the price. but if I had money to buy something like that, I would prefer to buy an apartment and rent to receive money every month.

Mellorando

Banned
100% yes invest in or buying Land is one good way of investing your money I was all in investment might be long but when your eggs are harsh you won't regret so we will go as far as to invest in real estate organisations this is also another way of making money based on land and property

Kennysplash

Verified member
You’ve heard it before: “land is the best investment.”

But is it?
Traditional wisdom says real estate usually appreciates in value over time. But investing in undeveloped land isn’t quite as simple as investing in a duplex. And with the economy issues of the last decade, consumers have been granted a firsthand look at the volatility of real estate and land, leading them to question conventional thinking.

The short answer? Investment in land can be a wise one. The trick, however is entering into the venture fully informed and with a game plan.

Before making a land purchase, consider these points.

Knowing what to look for in raw land is vital​

Raw land is a catch-all term for undeveloped or unused land. When most people talk about investing in land, this is probably what they mean—buying an out-of-town parcel on the cheap and holding on to it until the time is right. Of course, what you see isn’t always what you get.

Here’s what to watch out for:
  • Is the ground solid enough to accommodate your building plans (or the plans of future builders)?
  • Is water accessible via a well or city hookup?
  • How is the condition of surrounding properties? Does the seller have any agreements with them?
  • Is there road access? Will you be able to get any large equipment you need into the property?
  • Are there any zoning issues that could hamper your future plans?
No matter how good the deal seems, make sure you do two things before you buy. First, get topography, soil, drainage, and other similar reports done, so you know exactly what you’re buying.

Second, visit the land in person. This can seem like kind of a no-brainer, but many people buying undeveloped or remote land are satisfied with a couple satellite images.

Briangsam

Investing in land is a very smart and lucrative business. This is because land has a really strong appreciating prowess. The cost of maintaining and keeping the property safe and okay is equally not so much as well. But you have to be sure the location of the land will command a very good price off your capital in little time.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Yes for sure buying Land is a very good investment though it can be serve as a long-term investment but in due time you will get enough profit when selling them out, because u will sell it out in a very high rate, it also depends on the kind of environment your have your land, having a land in high populated area is perfect because many people would like to buy your land because of the environment.

Janetoje

Land is actually a very good form of investment, the value tends to appreciate as the years go by, I see it as a long term investment. But I'll rather have blocks of flats, two, three of more that way, you have money coming in on a yearly basis. It's a super guaranteed from of investment.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
For me, land or real estate is the best investment. But this kind of investment is a long term with 5 years as the shortest to gain a substantial profit. It is good if your plan is to sell the land after 10 years and much better if you can build a structure like a small house or an apartment. The structure that can be rented will earn you the rental while waiting for the property to increase in value. Our only investment now is our home which has appreciated in value after 19 years – times 3 of the cost that we originally paid for it.

Seyesystem

It's a good idea to always invest money on land because it will surely appreciate and resulted in increase in the amount you purchase the land. Land with event of time will always appreciate greatly beyond expectations. I will advise you guys to always buy land when you have enough money .

Peppul

Land is one of the best investment one can go into and there are so many advantage to it, which one of them is increased value as the year goes by. So it's a good investment