Is betting an investment

SUPERNO

What is betting
the action of gambling money on the outcome of a race, game, or other unpredictable event.
Also to stake on the outcome of an issue or the performance of a contestant. b : to be able to be sure that —usually used in the expression you bet you bet I'll be there. 2a : to maintain with or as if with a bet. b : to make a bet with.
WHAT IS INVESTMENT:
An investment is an asset or item acquired with the goal of generating income or appreciation. ... For example, an investor may purchase a monetary asset now with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.
therefore betting is not an investment because gambling is risking (unawareness),but investment is awareness because sometimes you see develop example land , company shares.

Samuel72

Verified member
Betting is not an investment and betting can never be an investment, betting is a game of luck and it is not advisable for anyone to see betting as a form of business or investments. those who believe betting to be an investment are only deceiving their self. it is good for you to engage yourself in a good business than for you to engage yourself in betting or gambling.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Beating isn't an investment for a better, but an investment for the bookmakers. The bookmakers are the ones who generates coupons, and adds lots of market options to a particular selected event you choose to focus on. It might be soccer events, basketball, baseball, hockey, floorball etc. The market options and odds are simply the options you place bets on, you'll see their odds value and place them.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I do say in any forum I found myself that betting is not an investment. Investment is pooling money on some thing that you are very sure of getting your rewards whether in a short or long term. Betting isn't this category because the outcome of betting is not a decision you can control. It is a game of luck which may favour you or not.

Mellorando

Banned
Betting is never an investment but rather it is a try your luck scheme before betting on any platform it is advisable for the person betting to know that result can be 50/50 that means you can win or lose and when you lose you lose your money forever betting is not an investment

Maven Tiger

Betting should never be termed and investment as it's purely a risk especially when the person staking doesn't consider all statistical data available before placing a bet. Only few persons that place bets wins. Win ratio to loss is very minute. Considering other means of investment is a better option any day.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Maybe I should agree that betting is a kind of investment. In fact, in horse racing they call the bets as investment. It really depends on how you look at things betting has no concrete basis while an investment has clear basis. But whatever the term you use betting is still gambling simply because you can lose all your money.