Is backlinks from forums still valuable?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
There is no doubt that backlink is the number one ranking factor on Google search engines. Though, people behind the search engine optimisation are saying otherwise.

I remember about 10 years ago that's one of the ways to build backlinks to your website is through forum. website owners sign up with different forums in their niches and started posting content with a link back to their website.

This strategy comes with at least two benefits. the first benefit is that you are passing link juice from the forum to your website in order to increase its authority and Google search engine.

The next thing is that you can also generate direct traffic from forum if people found your content valuable.

I am about to start up a new blog and I am thinking of build a backlink to the site to increase its authority on Google search engine.

I want to ask that is backlinks from forums still valuable these days?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Backlinks from forums is still very much ideal provided the forum is a high traffic type with lots of active members and visitors that comes from search engines. Trendri is an option of a forum with huge traffic coverages, if you advertise here you'll surely get noticed and visits provided what you posted is worthy enough.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
One thing I can say is that you need to be cautious on the type of backlinks you are going to build for a website. The reason is that Google is targeting website that builds shady backlinks in order to gain more rank in search engine. I will advise you to have patience, post quality contents on your website and avoid shady backlinks if you truly care about your business.