Is all investment successful, pure luck or failure?

Shigobad2020

A friend of mine had 600k Naira in his account and invested about 400k in setting up a poultry farm. After 4 months, all the bird suffered from a particular disease and died. He was left with just 200k to plan his life again.
My mum retired November 2019, she received her gratuity and didn't want to leave her money in the bank, so she decided to buy gallons of palm oil and store, my darlings in the year 2020 because of the pandemic a gallon of palm oil nearly doubled it's money and mumsy cashed out big time.
So there also success stories of people who invested and got out successfully, but in investing, it is nothing but pure luck and a little bit of financial literacy.

Daykas

Investment can be all depending on what you invest in.
I can remember some times last year when I invested all my hard earn from crpytocurrency to a platform a friend of mine introduced me to.
To cut the story short the plan fail and I have to start from beginning again. And another friend of mine bought two ETH when it was in #120,000 and his keeping it till now where ETH is moving to #1million

Generally as an investor you should know that all investment comes with its own risk and one of this risk is investing without profit or loosing all your money at a go. I once invested my money in a business just as a partner but at the end we didn't get any profit while some other businesses we get profit

marcusfe

Some business became successful in the way that looks like luck but I will say there is hardly any luck in business. What most people call luck is actually proper planning and the right information. I'm very sure the mother of this poster might have gotten an information from a particular source that palm oil is likely to pick up in the following and she acted towards it thus she was paid for her action.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Investment is not really a pure luck. Even if you check the meaning of luck. You will discover that it is an opportunity meets preparedness. The scenarios that you have are not purely luck. The first example you gave is that the person didn't prepare for the possible diseases that mah affect her bird. The second on studied the market before she invested.

Georgeadawara

It depends on the type of business you are investing in it, the type of business you're starting how risky it is pretty how can you manage your risk. All business man are risk bearer the business you do determine the risk you are talking. Sometimes some of the business has no risk and others has a very high level of risk in it.

Setfragil

It is not every investment that are successful are because of luck. Being successful in any investment you need knowledge of the particular business you want to invest into or learn from those who have been doing the business and are successful in it. Going into any investment without equipping yourself with the necessary resources needed to be successful, you are likely going to be a failure. Every investments needs a solid plan before you venture into it.

Shigobad2020

It is not every investment that are successful are because of luck. Being successful in any investment you need knowledge of the particular business you want to invest into or learn from those who have been doing the business and are successful in it. Going into any investment without equipping yourself with the necessary resources needed to be successful, you are likely going to be a failure. Every investments needs a solid plan before you venture into it.
Yes you are right, some investment brings failure while the same investment that brought failure might also bring fortune, my mum bought Palm oil worth #400,000 in 2017, but she sold it for #380,000, due to the fall in the price of Palm oil, she now bought the Same amount of Palm oil in 2019 around November and during the covid-19 lockdown, the price skyrocketed and she sold it for around #850,000.

Planet408

Investment is not necessarily luck. Though you can't actually avert all misfortunes but risks can still be calculated. Poultry business has a very high risk. Though I know someone who is doing well in poultry business. Your friend may not have learnt the poultry business very well before going into it.
Palm oil business has lesser risk. You can easily recover your initial capital in palm oil business and even make profits.

Teatea

If you invest in the right places, you will enjoy better returns. The mistake people make is that they don't seek information before investing, don't just invest because someone you know is into it, do you know how the person does it? Did you ask? You can't just go in with half knowledge, you need to almost if not all the pros and cons before you put in your money.

Samuel72

Verified member
According to my own point of view I don't believe all investment are successful this is because every investments is own by someone. It all depends on the person to put his efforts and investments so as the investment will be successful. All investment are not successful because some people invest on a business they know nothing about some invest because they see people making it in that business and as time goes on the investment become unsuccessful. You need to be aware of what you're investing on.

Dorcey

To my own understanding I think or believe that when someone invest on a particular business or products and he or she made a success through it to me I think it pure luck cause investment is not easy like the way pronounce it or say it or talk about it. That why you need to make enquiry about the business you about to do before you go in to it.

Victor001

Investment should not be build on the biasness of luck, investment is not gambling.investment is weighing your risk and reward and making plans to achieve it. When you invest,you don't just allow it to grow on its own,you have to guide your investment,make necessary adjustments where needs be, no investment is 100 percent and you don't invest because you want to loss.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
To be successful as a business man needs a lot of hard working and a little bit of luck. Before starting a business you need to do some certain researches on how your business is going to be successful. You need to do research about the location of your business, if the location is the right place your business or not. Successful business is pure hard working and small luck.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Before investing you have to plan your investment very well , that's the reason most people investment are always on luck and it could fail or not fail ,so before starting a business first analyse many thing and take a good look on how you can improve your business , gain expert advice to reduce the chances of failing in the business