Information or Entertainment: What Kinds of Videos Earn Better

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
This is the question that needs to be answered before you begin your journey as a video content creator.

On youtube, people search for information. People use youtube to find information, learn something, and build knowledge. However, people also use youtube for entertainment. In fact, in the US, more people use youtube for entertainment compared to those watching cable TV for entertainment.

Having a clear focus on your niche is very important to become successful. You can either provide entertaining content or informational content. If you try to mix these both, it will be difficult to build loyal audience. When you do not have loyal audience, it will be difficult to get views and revenue.

If you are unsure what to choose, you can try choosing a middle path. In other words, you can choose infotainment (information plus entertainment). You can present information in entertaining way, and you can provide information even with your entertaining content.

uforwealth

Verified member
You will earn more money from information.However, if you don't disseminate the right and valuable information to the right audience, you won't make a dime from it.

To make a lot of money from information, you have to disseminate useful, valuable and problem solving information.

On the other hand, entertainment won't give you opportunities to make more money like information. The reason is that , in entertainment, people will just dance and laugh without learning any valuable lesson that can change their life for the better.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I don't think niche matters, what actually matters is whether the videos can captivate the audience or not. You can share videos on any niche, and if it is boring, you won't get views, but if the videos are interesting, you can get views. When you get views, you make money. When it comes to making money from videos, you need evergreen content, you can make your videos entertaining, informational, educational, etc. however if the videos do not have evergreen elements after sometimes they will stop getting views. However, if your videos are evergreen they will continue to generate view3s for a long time. Therefore, while making videos you need to remember two things, whether your videos are interesting or not, and whether your videos are evergreen or not. Generally speaking, informational videos are evergreen in nature. However, you can also make entertaining videos evergreen by using universal themes in the videos.

Mastergp

Verified member
The method that technology is pushing in today's world has made it easy for one to make money using our electronic garget. With this device one could make Millon's which has made many to wonder how such a small device has gone to that extent.

The are varieties of ways we can make our money using our garget, like content creators for example have gone far and wide when we are talking of making money using our our electronic devices.

In my own case for example I love viewing documentary's and comedy videos and I have notice in most of this entertainment videos one may have Millon's of subscriber and viewers which result to huge amount of money. Well on my own path I can't say the kind of video that earn better but I truly know is that one need to present videos that would capture the interest of his viewers because when they are more viewers and subscribers they would also be increase in income too.

So knowing what we present to our viewers would prove that we want to capture their interest.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Information niches will always have an edge when it comes to making money on YouTube and other video platforms. The thing is that there are several people searching for different things on daily basis and if your YouTube channel contains a lot of information you have a chance of getting a lot of attention from different kinds of people.

It depends on the kind of niche you are into because some niches like make money online always get a lot of views if you have a very comprehensive video because so many people are interested in making money on the internet.

I know people who were able to monetize their make-money-online youtube channels because they were actually giving out quality information to so many people.

The entertainment niche on YouTube is also very lucrative because there are so many people who find interest in watching a lot of things. In Nigeria for example, the big brother naija show always attracts a lot of people and if you can have a channel that focuses on that you will probably be able to monetize it within some months.

I know a lot of people who are into entertainment channels and they make some good money from it.

cmoneyspinner

To be honest, when I need information, I very rarely go to a video. I prefer reading books or detailed articles or blog posts. By contrast, when my daughter wants to know something, the first thing she does is search for a video about it. Maybe it's a generation gap. I go to videos for entertainment. She goes to videos for both information an entertainment.

Suba

Staff member
Everyone certainly has a hobby of watching different videos, personally whenever I work online it is always accompanied by music from songs from various countries, and I like to watch viral videos of any kind using a smartphone, I don't think it's the type of video but who is behind the video, if an actress makes a video, of course there will be a lot of visitors, in general videos that have high traffic such as Vlogs, tutorial and educational videos, prank videos and live videos.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Personally, I use YouTube a lot for entertainment more than I use it for gaining information. And I think so many other people are just like me. That is why you see so many more rich entertainers than motivational speakers.

But all lies in how you present your content. Most people find information content to be so boring, of which most of them are. But that should not be the case for you. Learning how to present your information in a really interesting and entertaining way is so important.

That is why infotainment is a word nowadays. You can present your information in such a soft way that your viewers will always want to come back for more. That is how you grab people's attention and build traffic.

But the most important thing is finding out where your passion lies. You can barely make something interesting if you don't like it.