Importance of Garlic You Don't Know

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Garlic is a staple in any kitchen. Its strong, pungent flavor has been used in cooking for centuries, and it's even said to have medicinal properties. But did you know that garlic can also be used as a household cleaner? Or that it can keep your plants alive? Read on to learn about 5 surprising ways to use garlic at home!

1. Garlic cut in half and rubbed on wooden cutting boards can help remove stains and get rid of bacteria.

2. You can use garlic juice to water your plants and prevent fungus growth.

3. If you place pieces of garlic around your garden, you can keep rabbits away from your plants without resorting to chemicals or poisons.

4. Garlic has anti-fungal properties, so you can make your own household cleaner using garlic juice and white vinegar.

5. Rubbing garlic on the skin will help repel mosquitoes, making it a great natural alternative to bug spray!

blessingc

Garlic is a plant in the onion family that’s
grown for its distinctive taste and health benefits. It contains sulfur
compounds, which are believed to bring some of the health benefits.

Garlic supplements are known to boost the function of the immune system. It is very beneficial against eye and ear infections as it has antimicrobial properties. Currently, garlic is widely used for several conditions linked to the blood system and heart, including atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), high cholesterol, heart attack, coronary heart disease, and hypertension.

It contains antioxidants that support the body’s protective mechanisms against oxidative damage. The combined effects on reducing cholesterol and blood pressure, as well as the antioxidant properties, may reduce the risk of common brain diseases like Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.

Garlic appears to have some benefits for bone health by increasing estrogen levels in females, but more human studies are
needed. Digestive problems improve with the inclusion of raw garlic in the diet.
Garlic also lowers blood pressure so is good for patients with hypertension.

It helps prevent acne and lightens acne scars. Cold sores, psoriasis, rashes, and blisters can all benefit from the application of garlic juice.

Taking advantage of garlic’s benefits sometimes gets a little complicated. For example, the study linking garlic to improved immunity showed benefits came from raw and cooked garlic — not supplements.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Garlic is a staple in any kitchen. Its strong, pungent flavor has been used in cooking for centuries, and it's even said to have medicinal properties. But did you know that garlic can also be used as a household cleaner? Or that it can keep your plants alive? Read on to learn about 5 surprising ways to use garlic at home!

1. Garlic cut in half and rubbed on wooden cutting boards can help remove stains and get rid of bacteria.

2. You can use garlic juice to water your plants and prevent fungus growth.

3. If you place pieces of garlic around your garden, you can keep rabbits away from your plants without resorting to chemicals or poisons.

4. Garlic has anti-fungal properties, so you can make your own household cleaner using garlic juice and white vinegar.

5. Rubbing garlic on the skin will help repel mosquitoes, making it a great natural alternative to bug spray!
Hi. Thank you very much for your informative thread about the importance of garlic. To be honest, I did not know about these 5 surprising ways to use garlic at home. Thanks a lot for sharing this useful information with us. Furthermore, garlic is so healthy and it is very important to consume it daily either raw or cooked in order to enjoy its health benefits.

Sodiq

Garlic is a vegetable and it is classified under species of the genus Allium. Garlic is often used by individuals to add flavour to recipes and dishes. It can also be used as a medicine to treat or cure a wide range of ailments and diseases among humans.

A clove of garlic is said to contain many vital nutrients including vitamins, enzymes and amino acids . Garlic also contains sulfur compounds from the amino acid allicin, which is generally used for producing garlics powerful odour.

Garlic when consumed, has several benefits to human body, one out of the benefits is that it is Antibacterial in nature. Since garlic are natural antibiotic, they can eliminate harmful bacteria in human body. But does not kill those bacteria that are benefitial to human body as chemical antibiotics do.

Garlic are also good for weight loss. They reduces the expression of genes which is responsible for the formation of Adipose cells. They also increase thermogenesis in the human body and this lead to burning of more fat and lowering of bad cholesterol in human body.
Consuming garlic daily can also helps in improving the skin. Eating garlic can prevent acne and lightens acne scars in human body. It's also believe that garlic prevents ageing.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Those are really awesome new benefits of garlic that I am learning about. It is one of the most present ingredients in the kitchen and one can think that the scope of it's use is just around the kitchen and for beauty use against acne. It is awesome to learn about it uses outside of the kitchen.

The most amazing thing about it is that it has the ability to fight bacteria and fungi. Then it can be used to repel rabbits from the market, that is just so awesome. Then it can be used as a mosquito repellent just by rubbing it on your skin. This is all so new to me.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
I know it has so many advantage and disadvantage . One of the possible disadvantage of garlic is that consumption of garlic for a long time can affect your body odor and sometimes it can also affect your breath badly .so it may not really be advisable to use in most cases even when it has a lot of tremendous health benefits.

It could also be a source of major nutrients to the body but I don't really see the need for it , instead of that I rather look for a way of getting the nutrients garlic can offer from other natural supplements such as fruit and vegetable because those are the most preferred one for me .

I don't really like garlic generally because I dont just have the interest to use it for anything , I cannot Withstand the smell and so many other things concerning it , so I always try as much as possible to avoid it as much as possible since it is not something that really interests me.

I was so surprised about to find out that it has a tremendous function that it can also help to slow down inflammatory diseases such as asthma and arthritis .