If you're offered a full-time job online will it make you quit your offline job?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I simply want to seek opinion on this topic, to get everyone's contributions and see what each and everyone answer pertaining to the question xD.

Working online full-time is what I've been dreaming for years now, but it doesn't come easy, it means I'll work for it, live by it. Which requires skills, and having much time to stay in front of my computer screen without distraction.

To be frank with myself, if i manage to get an offer to work full-time online and the payment is static and higher than my offline business or full-time job. I'll simply go for online job, because it keeps me working at the comfort of my home without moving an inch out of my working position.

I understand that everyone has choice, their are some online earners who wouldn't turn down full-time offline gig even if it's lower than what's been offered to them working online full-time. Reason is because, they feel online job can end anytime due to the nature of online, not being consistent with job long time.

But in the other way round, the world is revamping even offline companies hire social media representatives, to handle their social media accounts, and replying to customers complaints. E-commerce stores, payment gateways all have customer care service personnels, that replies to customers messages 24/7 and solve their queries, and they get paid for that, which also last a long time.

So, it isn't what people think about online at this time, because lots of companies hire remote workers, no need feeling skeptic about losing your job unexpectedly due to the company folding up and going offline without notice.

I simply want to seek opinion on this topic, to get everyone's contributions and see what each and everyone answer pertaining to the question xD.

Working online full-time is what I've been dreaming for years now, but it doesn't come easy, it means I'll work for it, live by it. Which requires skills, and having much time to stay in front of my computer screen without distraction.

To be frank with myself, if i manage to get an offer to work full-time online and the payment is static and higher than my offline business or full-time job. I'll simply go for online job, because it keeps me working at the comfort of my home without moving an inch out of my working position.

I understand that everyone has choice, their are some online earners who wouldn't turn down full-time offline gig even if it's lower than what's been offered to them working online full-time. Reason is because, they feel online job can end anytime due to the nature of online, not being consistent with job long time.

But in the other way round, the world is revamping even offline companies hire social media representatives, to handle their social media accounts, and replying to customers complaints. E-commerce stores, payment gateways all have customer care service personnels, that replies to customers messages 24/7 and solve their queries, and they get paid for that, which also last a long time.

So, it isn't what people think about online at this time, because lots of companies hire remote workers, no need feeling skeptic about losing your job unexpectedly due to the company folding up and going offline without notice.
If the pay is worth it, I'll quit jobs and run personal businesses instead.

Well, I do not think all offline work can actually take my time so that I can now quit my online methods of earning. It is going to be impossible to quit all online earnings and focus on a full-time job. I will continue to try and utilize any online platform I see just to make online earnings better. It depends anyway. Some salaries are more expensive and much better than what you can online. But if the reverse is the case, I am going to continue to make money online.

Well, I do not think all offline work can actually take my time so that I can now quit my online methods of earning. It is going to be impossible to quit all online earnings and focus on a full-time job. I will continue to try and utilize any online platform I see just to make online earnings better. It depends anyway. Some salaries are more expensive and much better than what you can online. But if the reverse is the case, I am going to continue to make money online.
That means if the reverse becomes the case anytime in the future, you'll simply quit your other offline gigs to go full-time working online provided the payment is enough to make you ends meet. I'll accept such offer without thinking much at the moment, because I have no offline job, I am not employed I am.a self employed business man. I manage a mini business that gives me time to be online almost 15 hours daily. I simply utilize 10-12 hours being online some days simply to earn money, which is even better than what my business offers me.

Well, I quit my full time job to become a full time freelancer. That was about 2 years ago. These days I am generating more money as a freelancer then when I had a job. I started building my freelancing career when I was still with job. I already had a few high paying clients.

Well, I quit my full time job to become a full time freelancer. That was about 2 years ago. These days I am generating more money as a freelancer then when I had a job. I started building my freelancing career when I was still with job. I already had a few high paying clients.
That's tremendous, because you're in a niche that will always reward you, and wouldn't go off anytime soon. I am a freelancer too, in the writing department. I am taking my time to learn another skill which is web design. I want to offer services to clients, and also do many websites for myself which will be for flipping purposes. I need more money online that will make me forget the current rate of unemployment in my country, abd even forget to seek for my country's job offering. I know more hard work and consistency will get me they while online.

I'll do it without batting an eyelid, personality wise I'm an introvert, I prefer to be lowkey and alone and I think online work is geared towards, I started learning how to code in 2020 during the pandemic and I have gone far now in my learning, my goal is to land an entry or junior developer role by 1st quarter 2022.

And if you look at the the salary angle, online jobs tends to pay more than offline jobs except you have your business and even at that it;'s not as easy as it seems, there's physical labor and whatnots that comes with working offline.

About this, if you ask me, I think it depends on the pay of the job and how stressful it might be, for example, you happen to have an offline regular job that pays you so much to pay your bills, feed your family and still have enough left for you to be okay with, then you were offered a job online that pays kind of lesser or almost the same amount, I know you might thinking of going for the online one because it will be less stressful but what if the platform crashes anytime soon, then you will be losing out at both sides.

I'll do it without batting an eyelid, personality wise I'm an introvert, I prefer to be lowkey and alone and I think online work is geared towards, I started learning how to code in 2020 during the pandemic and I have gone far now in my learning, my goal is to land an entry or junior developer role by 1st quarter 2022.

And if you look at the the salary angle, online jobs tends to pay more than offline jobs except you have your business and even at that it;'s not as easy as it seems, there's physical labor and whatnots that comes with working offline.
What you've said is ideal man, online have so much opportunities associated to it, even more than offline by far. I prefer working at the comfort of my home, and that's what online offers and I'm 100% satisfied with that. It's good as you're pushing yourself hard to become a professional coder. I love coding skill, but I don't know where to learn it and satisfy my want 💯. Since I couldn't find the better place to learn it offline, I decided to stay with basic website design, I've gotten the knowledge and basic idea to create a blog site at least.

Hi sincerem. Thank you for your nice post. Well, if I was offered a full-time job online, I would quit my offline job. This is because I prefer to work
in the comfort of my home without any stress. Today, things have changed and a lot of people work online from home especially women who have children to look after. I would love to receive a good offer for an online job soon and work from home. :)

There are some things I will need to consider before I will make this decision ,if there is good power supply in the location I am staying then I might consider an online business except it is something which allowed me to use a mobile phone then I can consider buying a power bank, if they are paying me perfectly and I only have to stays at home and do it then there is nothing wrong with that I will just accept the job happily.. this will save me the stress of paying transport everyday to my workplace and so on.. but I believe 90% of all online business will always required a constant electricity which is not available here.

That's tremendous, because you're in a niche that will always reward you, and wouldn't go off anytime soon. I am a freelancer too, in the writing department. I am taking my time to learn another skill which is web design. I want to offer services to clients, and also do many websites for myself which will be for flipping purposes. I need more money online that will make me forget the current rate of unemployment in my country, abd even forget to seek for my country's job offering. I know more hard work and consistency will get me they while online.
Web designing is highly paying job, but it is also very competitive. It is difficult to get jobs even when you have high level skills. For instance, I am using Fiverr, but I do not get a lot of sales on Fiverr. If I was not working on a job and if I did not have contacts, I would have never survived as a freelancer. Most of my clients are old clients. I have been working with some of my clients for more than 3 years.

Web designing is highly paying job, but it is also very competitive. It is difficult to get jobs even when you have high level skills. For instance, I am using Fiverr, but I do not get a lot of sales on Fiverr. If I was not working on a job and if I did not have contacts, I would have never survived as a freelancer. Most of my clients are old clients. I have been working with some of my clients for more than 3 years.
That's tremendous one that you're connecting with your clients up to this day, which is pivotal on you gaining gigs from them. That's an enormous way to keep getting gigs as a freelancer, if not the saturation wouldn't make one possible to win any gig there. In order to to secure gigs as a freelancer the connection with our employers should be strong, and excellent job is next to making it stronger. As a web designer, I might not consider selling at freelance marketplace as first choice, I can simply use my target to build different kinds of website and place them up for sale via website flipping platforms.

Definitely, if I am offered a full-time job online which pays better and most importantly the job is secured for a long term basis, then I will quit working offline because even as it stands, my offline payout is just peanuts and at the end of the day, I even spend more working for such organization that does not appreciate the effort of their employees. I would choice working online over offline because it has many advantages for me even though it would be on a fulltime basis, afterall in my offline job where I use to teach before I resigned due to consistent unfavourable working conditions, we resume as early as 7am and dismiss by 4pm each day and on Fridays, we dismiss by 6pm because of their elongated meetings which is compulsory yet the welfare of staff is never a subject of discussion. If you fail to resume early, you would be surcharged high sums from the salary that is ready been constantly owed. In my country, there are no job opportunities and the government is doing nothing about that. Each year, we have thousands of individuals graduating from the University with the hopes of getting jobs immediately in the labour market but reality struck and keep them for years without any source of livelihood.

Definitely, if I am offered a full-time job online which pays better and most importantly the job is secured for a long term basis, then I will quit working offline because even as it stands, my offline payout is just peanuts and at the end of the day, I even spend more working for such organization that does not appreciate the effort of their employees. I would choice working online over offline because it has many advantages for me even though it would be on a fulltime basis, afterall in my offline job where I use to teach before I resigned due to consistent unfavourable working conditions, we resume as early as 7am and dismiss by 4pm each day and on Fridays, we dismiss by 6pm because of their elongated meetings which is compulsory yet the welfare of staff is never a subject of discussion. If you fail to resume early, you would be surcharged high sums from the salary that is ready been constantly owed. In my country, there are no job opportunities and the government is doing nothing about that. Each year, we have thousands of individuals graduating from the University with the hopes of getting jobs immediately in the labour market but reality struck and keep them for years without any source of livelihood.
We're simply in the same state of operation here in our dear country. It isn't easy to make money offline, very hard indeed, coupled with the delayed salaries of staffs. I don't love teaching offline, I enjoy teaching online instead, due to the fact that, I teach when I am willing to teach based on my own schedule. Sites like engoo.com offers teaching opportunity to users online especially when your English qualification is high, it doesn't matter if you're a graduate or not. Provided you can speak English and write it perfectly, you don't need to undergo formal education curricular format in order to carry out teaching online effectively. You simply work with the online teaching platforms scheme of work randomly based on your preference. Here in offline, you work tirelessly to make sure you cover the scheme of work or school curriculum, which is very stressful especially for private institutions. The pay rate for offline teaching here in our country offline is simply very low, but in online teaching like 'Engoo, you can earn up to $20 a day if you work for 8 hours in a day. Which, if you measure it monthly, it's simply around $600, it's hard to earn that offline.