Hugo Vs. Ghost Open Source CMS

Mika

VIP Contributor
In recent times, Hugo and Ghost both are evolving as an alternative to Wordpress. Just like Wordpress, Hugo and Ghost are open-source content management systems (CMS).

If you want to know between Hugo and Ghost which one will be better, here is my take on these free content management systems.

Hugo is a CMS designed to create static websites quickly and easily and Ghost is specifically designed for blogging and publishing. Here is a simple comparison between these two CMs.

Hugo CMS

Hugo is known for its speedy and excellent performance because of its ability to generate static pages instead of running database queries.

On Hugo, you can create your custom themes and layouts. You can also preview your site as you build it. If you want to create a website with multi-language support, Hugo is for you.

Ghost CMS

Ghost has a simple, lightweight Markdown editor idea for creating blogs and simple content sites. Just like on wordpress, you can customize your site through themes. It has a huge community of developers offering limited options for themes. You can organize your content based on categories. Ghosts are best known for SEO performance. If you want to create websites with multiple users, Ghost is for you.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Nice comparison. People who are interested in trying CMS other than wordpress might find these platforms useful but I have no interested in trying other platforms because I find wordpress extremely useful. It is not only easy to use but also very versatile. Since I have been using wordpress for a long time I am also very comfortable with wordpress. When I want to try new platform I will have to start with zero and it will take time to get accustomed to it. Therefore, I do not want to experiment with other platforms. Having said that other might find this useful.