How will you control your employees?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I am a stauch advocate of correcting with love. I always believe that there is no one above mistake and if this occurs, the best way to correct is through love and not anger. The reverse is my boss.

After a meeting that we had as our quarterly ritual. My boss called me because I agitated for correction with love. She told me something I didn't know about management and business and this tends to change my orientation.

She told me that a manager needs to be firm and correct with anger. Not because he or she wants it but to scare other members not to fall into that pit. She told me if I am too gentle while correcting my employees, they may start taking me for granted.

Though I didn't argue with her but I don't believe in what she said. I do believe employees are mature enough to differentiate between the right and wrong things and they are knowledgeable enough to discern rational decisions.

As an intending business person, how will you control your employees?

Nite

Valued Contributor
I like your mantra, "the best way to correct is through love and not anger". It is paramount that everything you tell your employees, lines up with your own behavior. You don't have to be too firm, nor too gentle to your employees. A balance should always be maintained between the two.

D

Deleted member 28127

Control your employees let them fed up from work and decide to leave you have not to be much severe in control employees so for example if an employee is tired from work you may switch employee then another replacer came to replace him or her in afternoon and not be so strict so this is not advisable the most of important is that they complete 70 % of work at time not less to guarantee good quality of work but being so severe you lose your good relationship with employee.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was operations manager of a software house the control that I do is to be on my toes on the projects that they are handling. Every day I check on the work if it is in stride with the estimated schedule. When a programmer is delayed I would call his attention and let him know that I am on top of the situation.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well, I wouldn’t fault your manager because humans take people’s gentleness for granted. But then we need to always correct with love with no hard feelings. I just hope workers will always behave like adults and do the right to avoid maltreatment or harsh words from their bosses. It will help this way.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
As the boss, you have to act like one because if you don't act like one....Your workers would throw anything at you and not even showing fear for doing such. You have to show your workers that you have what it takes to be boss. Not saying being bossy around unnecessarily but at least have the charisma. Though, as a boss you need to show care to your workers and also listen to what they have to say, it may be for the betterment of the company.