How to tackle the problem of heavy workloads at work

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The fact is that the work life of a worker can be overwhelming. They are most times forced to Wea many different hats throughout the working day. This can really be difficult to keep up with as the workloads becoming choking.

So how can you deal with a choking work load.

Simplify the workload
This is about breaking down the jobs into simple tasks to enable you see what you are up against to decide means of tackling them.

Start doing them
Just go ahead to start working on them. Don't forget to take breaks in between to refresh and continue.
employ Technology
use any available designed system, powered by AI technology. This will enable ease of organising all the elements you may be struggling with in one place.

Invest in reliable work software
These are software that will help reduces the amount of time you would spend on admin, help aligns communication methods between all parties, and also manage and organise tasks and data.

Add yours

Etini

Valued Contributor
It is terrible in the private sector. They would pack work upon work and give you. They don't care how this affects your mental and physical well-being. All the works are with unrealistic datelines. I am the kind of person that doesn't let anything bother me. I just live my life. I would keep the work till when it is favorable for me to do them.

I worked in a private school, I was made to teach 3 subjects in 6 classes for each subject. I just did what I can. I made it clear to them that this workload was too much for me.

I didn't bother myself about datelines. When you are a valuable worker, they would know when it is too much for you. Worse of it, you quit if it is going to affect your health. You have to be alive to continue working somewhere else.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I totally understand your point because I have been there I worked in the school for about 2 years or there about and I had to quit the damn job when the workload was too much.

The whole heavy workload is terrible when it comes to the private sector or is that of individual firms sometimes I believe they think they are doing you a favour by giving you a job so as such you just need to slave for them so they pay very little and give a whole lot of work but if you cannot leave the job it is good to devise means by which you can tackle the job.

The thing is to know the total workload and start tackling them in bits so that you would be able to carry the load with ease it is never easy though but it is doable if you set your mind at it.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
There are several strategies you can use to tackle heavy workloads at work, including:

Prioritization: Prioritize tasks based on their importance and urgency to focus on what's most important.

Delegation: Delegate tasks to other team members where possible to reduce your workload.

Time management: Use time management techniques such as setting deadlines and breaking down tasks into smaller, manageable chunks.

Automation: Look for ways to automate repetitive or time-consuming tasks.

Communication: Communicate your workload concerns to your manager and discuss ways to balance your workload.

Self-care: Don't neglect your own physical and mental well-being. Take breaks, exercise regularly and get enough sleep.

Negotiation: Negotiate deadlines, work hours and responsibilities with your manager, colleagues and clients.

Implementing these strategies can help you manage heavy workloads more effectively and maintain a healthy work-life balance.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Being a worker can be so demanding indeed. Sometimes work gets too much that you will feel so overwhelmed by it. During such times, you are needed to brace yourself with knowledge of how to tackle too much work.

You need to start with preparing yourself mentally for the work. If you arrive to work ready to do your job, you can be more organized.

Then organize the work such that you start with the hardest jobs first. When you finish hard jobs, you are motivated and that makes it easy to finish the remaining part.

Using technology and digital softwares helps a lot too. They are known to make work easier.

Realekom

Being a worker in any company can be so demanding, sometimes the company just impose heavy duties on you and even alote time of delivery to you whis is so stressful.
During this kind of situation as a worky you have to be self confident and strong enough to tackle the job.

Mentally you have to be realistic and ready to deliver, try to be more organized
going straight to your work and making sure of the most important things will help you overcome.
When attending to them you should go for the most difficult ones while others can be done gradually.

Another way to tackle heavy work load is by approaching the authority and let them know what you're going through, they may help in one way or another, it might be by increasing your pay.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I think the best thing to do in such situations is to go where you are valued,within a couple of weeks you will be able to tell if a workplace is the place to be or not, if you feel like you have been shortchanged or you don't like the culture,you can tender your resignation letter and go where you are valued.

In my country for example there is a lot of exploitation going on,many people are being worked like slave for even less than the minimum wage, even though I kind of sympathize with this people but they also have a chance to leave and go to the place they will be valued at least, it makes no sense to me to be working where you are not valued, it will dampen your creativity and make you think less of yourself , it is better to leave and find some where else.