Saving Money How To Save Money While Living In A Foreign Country?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Saving money is a really hard thing to do. However, saving money while living in a foreign country might be harder, especially if you live in a country where economy is really poor and inflation is damaging your finances. Saving money in a foreign country could also be possible, but it all depends on what kind of country you are living in. For example, if you are living in a country where you earn a great amount of money and if your expenses are low, then you may save a good amount of money. However, since the expenses are raising in almost each country, it might be harder to save money.

There are many people I know of who are living a luxurious lifestyle in many foreign countries and they have saved enough money and they can return back to their own motherland and live a great life in here, but they still prefer living in a foreign country. I did a Google search of "Cheapest Countries In The World" and the search results showed many results. I was quite surprised to know that even a few developed countries like South Africa, Costa Rica, and Bulgaria were in the list of cheapest countries. Some of the developing countries were also included in the list. Some of them include Bangladesh, Vietnam, Nepal, etc were some of the cheapest countries. So, how do you save money in a foreign country?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
It's true that the standard of living of some foreign country is good and affordabl. This is why you have to be careful at choosing right while travelling to a foreign country, but sometimes the decision is not within our reach. What do you do if you have to live in a foreign country for an extended period of time? Do you have to eat only at McDonald's and sleep on the street? Not necessarily.

There are some things that you can do to save money while living abroad, even if you're not earning income in that country. Do your homework, take extra care to make sure you're getting the best deals, and be smart about how and when you spend your money.

1. Find out what it costs to live in the city where you'll be staying.

2. Look into renting an apartment or house instead of staying at a hotel, hostel, or bed-and-breakfast.

3. Buy food at local markets instead of grocery stores or restaurants.

4. Take public transportation whenever possible; it's usually much cheaper than renting a car or taking taxis everywhere.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
It's true that the standard of living of some foreign country is good and affordabl. This is why you have to be careful at choosing right while travelling to a foreign country, but sometimes the decision is not within our reach. What do you do if you have to live in a foreign country for an extended period of time? Do you have to eat only at McDonald's and sleep on the street? Not necessarily.

There are some things that you can do to save money while living abroad, even if you're not earning income in that country. Do your homework, take extra care to make sure you're getting the best deals, and be smart about how and when you spend your money.

2. Look into renting an apartment or house instead of staying at a hotel, hostel, or bed-and-breakfast.

4. Take public transportation whenever possible; it's usually much cheaper than renting a car or taking taxis everywhere.

I think that these were some good advice when it comes to saving money while living in such kind of country. I would also like to point out a few things in this regards,. For example, when it comes to traveling to a country or moving out from a country, it might be possible to consider many things and one of the main things is the cost of living and this is something many people do consider while moving out. But the fact of the matter remains that not all the people have the capability or resources to move out of a country.

For example, Venezuela is a kind of country that has been facing many hardships and problems for a really long time and the economy in there is really poor. However, not all the people can move out from the country due to a lack of resources and they have no other option but to live in the country. Moreover, I think that buying products from supermarket is a much better option as compared to buying from local stores and this could also save money. This is because supermarket purchase good in bulk quantity and they sell for slightly lower rates. This can definitely save money.

When living in a foreign country, one of the biggest challenges can be how to save money. There are a few different ways to approach this, and each person’s situation will be different. Here are a few tips on how to save money while living in a foreign country.

- Live like a local. One of the best ways to save money is to live like a local. This means finding affordable housing, eating at local restaurants, and shopping at local markets. If you can find ways to integrate into the local culture and lifestyle, you will be able to save money while living in a foreign country.

-Another way to save money is to keep your living expenses as low as possible. You can do this by renting a smaller apartment, or by sharing a apartment with friends or family members. You can also save money by using public transportation instead of owning a car.

- Try to get a job that pays in US dollars. This will help to protect your income from inflation.

- Make a budget and stick to it. This will help you to stay within your means and not spend more than you can afford.

- Invest in stable assets, such as gold or silver. These will hold their value even if the economy weakens.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't really know about other people , but if I was in a situation that I travel to another country to do a business or for whatever reason and I am able to generate money . The best thing I will do is to consider some things . If the economy of such country is really growing I will try to save my money there and possibly I'll just stay there because I don't just see the need for you to come back to a location in which the economy is depreciating because that will just be like a bad decision.

But if the economy of the country I am living is depreciating , I will be trying as much as possible to save my money in the US dollar or to save it in my country's currency . Since the currency of my country may also be depreciating at time goes on I would definitely like to save it in the US dollar or the Great British pounds.

You can just save money as much as you can when you are in a foreign land , you shouldn't consider to leave am expensive life when you are not stable financially over there.

Shigobad2020

The mentality you have alone before travelling out of your home country must be to go out there and make enough money so that you will be able to establish a business for yourself when you come back to your country and that's why saving is very important for a traveller that want his travelling to have meaning.

You dont need to be living a flamboyant and extravagant life because you know the main aim and purpose of travelling is to work hard and make money , so you must get an affordable apartment closer to your place of work , so that you will be saving the transport fare and more from your weekly earning.

And if you realises you spend too much and couldn't control your s pendings , you can actually get someone you trust back at home like your parent and start sending money to them to help you start the project on your behalf.
Buying things like foodstuff in bulk instead of buying in pieces will also save you some money.