HOW TO MAKE YOUR MARRIAGE WORK IN THIS 21ST CENTURY.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I have heard so many people say that marriage is a scam. I can't fault them though, given the rate at which couples divorce in our contemporary world. I am still of the opinion that marriage is a beautiful thing and it is worth it. I am just going to highlight three tips that can make any marriage work.

1) Break free from traditionally defined gender roles. They told you that your role as a man/woman is this or that. I counter this strongly. I think that everyone should work together to cover lapses in marriage. If there are lapses and you are in a position to fix them, please don't allow them to degenerate because it is naturally not your role.

2) Be teachable: People that are King Solomons should not go anywhere near marriage. For your marriage to work, you have to humble yourself and accept that you are not infallible. Always yield to superior opinions and ideas. Your own must not fly every time.

3) Communicate always: A nontalking couple can never succeed in marriage. Talk every time and talk about everything. It would help you to understand each other and appreciate the different perspectives you guys have. Communication makes misunderstanding easy to handle.