How to make your blog self-sustaining?

Mika

VIP Contributor
A lot of people give up blogging because they are not earning from their blogs. They shut down their blog because they cannot continue to run the blog from their pocket. If you want your blog to survive, it should be at least self-sustaining, if not earning you profits.

So, the question is how do you make your blog self-sustaining?

Generally speaking, you need just about $50 per year to run a blog (domain and hosting cost), provided you are writing your own content, not spending money on marketing or SEO money. IN order to make your blog self-sustaining, you need to earn at least $50 in a year. If you cannot make that money, you will be paying for the domain and hosting renewal from your pocket.

Well, making at least $50 in one year from your blog is not impossible, if you use the right methods. Here are some suggestions.

Start using pop-up ads: Well, no one is a fan of pop-up ads but if you have traffic, pop-up ads are the easiest ways to make money from your blog. You can use propeller ads, popads, bitcoadz, etc.

Sponsored posts: You can approach businesses and promote their products, services, or the business in general and make money from sponsorship.

Though I am not into blogging but the money you highlighted up there is discouraging. The money is too low for me. And I hope we cn a alway make more than that if we truly work harder. I know of a blogger that makes close to a thousand dollar per year. It all depends on our content and the way we make our blogs available for traffic and also advertisements online.

Creating a forum is one way.
Do you already have a small but loyal group of contributors and readers? In that case, you could be looking at the simplest, self-sustaining option to create a new layer of community engagement in the form of a forum.

I agree that $50 in a year would be sufficient to run my own website. However, I do not agree with the pop-up ads because it annoys me. There is a forum that once had pop-up ads and that made me quit on that forum for a time although I am with it again now. Anyway, you have mentioned in another thread about Infolinks and I guess that is a good one than the pop-up ads.

Don't ever think about making money from your blog until you get at least 1k daily views. If you don't have that kind of traffic you cannot earn. I am saying this from my personal experience. If you can get at least 1000 views daily, you can earn from ads or affiliate marketing