How To Make Money Operating A Cold Room

moonchild

VIP Contributor
A cold room business is fast becoming popular in today's world, because almost every home today consume a frozen food, it might be Ice cream, Yoghurt, Froyo, Frozen Chicken, Frozen Fish etc

It might look like a capital intensive business but it all deals on how you want to start, which also depends on your capital, is it small or large?

Next thing you'll need is location, some cold rooms cater for beverages, like butter, ice-cream or yoghurts and some cater for foods, in this case you need to be in their midst.

Then you'll buy refrigerators, which is what you'll use to store the commodities to avoid spoilage, you have a flexible option, you can decide to buy a brand new fridge or you create an artificial one, I'll advise you'll go with the latter because it's really more economical, you can also talk with a wielder to make one for you and there'll have more cooling capacity because an AC compressor will be attached to the back.

You should also buy cutleries to aid in cooking the meat or perishables into pieces to store them efficiently.

Finally, you need to employ some workers to help you in overseeing the shop and to also deal with customers.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Cold room business is very lucrative and profitable .
One can start it by selling frozen food or using the machine to be making ice block .
First things do it to look for a good location where customers will be able to get access to at any point in time.

Secondly: one should make sure that the there is water and electricity supply.

Thirdly: one should also make sure that one create good awareness so that people will know what one is selling.

One can also go to some event centre and let people knows that one is selling cold things.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
You are actually right though. As a matter of fact, it is one of the most lucrative business that I can always vouch for. Right from time, dealing with fish has always brought in more profit in nigeria because seems to like eating fish in this part of the world and then again it happens to be one of the food business and as we all know that it is one of the three best jobs that can never go out of market. In fact, if you venture into I can assure you that you can never regret doing it.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
@Mataracy I really like your suggestions, especially the one of making ice block and selling, it's really a great business especially during summer, everywhere will be hot and the demand of ice block skyrocket hence enabling one to make money, thumbs up.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Well I have seen several people into this kind of business.... Infact, before my house you will see so many cold room stores. And I can say they are making sales, even with the fact that they are many, each of them are making their sales. But the downside of this particular business is, if you are short of power supply, it could spoil the show for you. And in my country, many areas are experiencing epileptic power supply. So I think that's the Issue with the business.