How To Host Your NodeJS app for Free

moonchild

VIP Contributor
If you're a small business and you are looking at hosting your app online but you don't have any experience on how to go about it, in this article I'll share with you how to host your nodeJs app and database for free.

First of all, go to Render.com and sign up for an account, after registration choose a free tier and you'll be given disk space and you'll be able to host your app, it's very simple from here, drag your files to render or you can upload them through git.

Give Render some moments to configure your app internally and a link will be generated for you, you can connect it to a custom domain if you have any or just access it with the self generated domain, if it's a fun project.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
I do not think that it is lifetime hosting, but after a period they will oblige you to subscribe to a paid option or addon or the project will be suspended. I think it is the same policy of awardspace or 000webhost where someone needs to pay for hosting after a period of trial or free hosting. Your node project files consume a database that is not for free and even ads don't monetize back money spent. Or it could be just to promote the service and then introduce paid subscriptions to the free users or the service will be discontinued. However, we could try the service while it is free nowadays this is just a disclaimer.