How to get a free domain name

Ajebo25

Verified member
What is a domain name ??, A domain name is what is used to identify or locate any website on the internet e.g google.com, facebook.com. etc

Do you know you can get a domain name for free without having to pay if you don't know then read this guide

Steps to get a free domain name

1) go to freenom.com and register

2) tap the get domain option then type the name of the domain you want for your site there.

3) it will show if the name you want is available on the internet then if it's available tap the one you want ml or.tk then tap place order your order will be accepted immediately

Note!! you can only get .ml and .tk for free

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Yes, you can get domains for free from freenom. However, these domains are useless. When you build a site using free domains from freenom, your visitors will never trust your site. Free domains have been abused by so many people that even the search engines do not trust these domains, they even block the websites using these free domains. These free domains are just for the sake of testing something, they are not for real website. However, if you buy hosting from companies like ipage, hostgator, etc. you get a free domain name of your choice (for any domain extension including a dot com) for the first year.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Anyone who is really interested in making sure that they make the most out of their online business should not be considering settling for free internet domain names that are available for registration .

As a matter of fact , nobody will take you serious when they realise that the domain name that you are using for a business is a free domain gotten on the internet .

It is now very important for business owners to try as much as possible to secure only top-level internet domain names that would give them a very good reputation online .

I agree that it could be very tempting to settle for this free internet domain names , but you just have to overcome such temptations by looking at a broader perspective and making sure that you do not just do things from a short point of view .

I am also of the opinion that such free internet domain names are dangerous , because they will give scammers and opportunity to get a website and present themselves in a professional manner that it will be very difficult for somebody to detect them .
I just hope that the regulatory authorities are checking these things before giving approval for them .

Mika

VIP Contributor
Freenom domains are useless. If you had ever used these domains, you would have never taken the pain to write a post on freenom domains. It is true that freenom domains are completely free, but what would you build with these freenom domains, a forum, a blog, a business website, an ecommerce site? No one is going to trust your site if you have used free domain. Let's imagine you are acquiring freenom domain because you do not want to spend money to build a website. However, you still need hosting to make your website live, and this costs money. Well, you might tell me, there are free hosts like 000webhost that are 100 percent free. Well, yes, there are free webhost but your site will not only show a lot of ads from the hosts but also does not have guaranteed uptime, which means your site will frequently go offline. Well, you might also tell me that you will map your free domain with blogger and launch your website without spending any money. But I want to ask you one question, is it worth the pain you have taken to build your website? If you want a free domain, buy hosting from ipage, you get a free domain.