How to Excel in Your Online Career

Mika

VIP Contributor
If working online for you is posting on forums, publishing on article sites, or working on get-paid to sites or micro job sites, you need to upgrade yourself and do something that will earn you $50-$100 in a day instead of $1-$2 in a day. The tasks I mentioned should be your last options and not the first option. Explore something that pays you more.

In order to earn more, you need to work for the jobs that pay more. Instead of publishing 1000 words articles and waiting for views to accumulate for you to earn some money, you should write the same article to a client and earn $10-$20. If you do not have the skills to write an article what will convince a cline to hire you, you can enhance your skills through online courses.

Instead of watching videos to make a few cents, why don’t you make your own videos and earn from ads. If you don’t have skills, why don’t you join online courses and develop your video making skills.

Shaf

Verified member
It goes without saying that we all want to excel in our careers and lives, and one mantra I've seen repeatedly that helped people become better was the "Work smart" mantra. Of course it's important to work hard too but when you make the best use of that time, you become better faster.

I do know from experience though that excelling in an online career where you don't have a boss or team is hard. You have to stay ultra focused, and you have to know exactly what to do in your specific career to progress. When I was blogging, it was different from when I tried my hands on affiliate marketing.

Like you mentioned, one can take courses, but sadly a lot of them online these days are sh*t. It will help to first join communities where your niche hangs out if you want good information on the best coaches to follow.

Rubz

The problem is that a lot of online careers that pay well usually take a lot of time before one starts earning. One actually have to study a lot and it requires a lot of hard work. So people settle for those easy and little paying jobs than these ones that requires a lot of skills and hard work.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
On sites like Fiverr and Upwork, you can fine a lot of ebook writing jobs, if you found a job you can easily earn $100-$200 per ebook. Once you receive payment, you give up your rights, you cannot claim the work. Instead of giving away the same book to the client, you can publish the book and make thousands of dollars. Well, selling books is not easy and sometimes receiving upfront payment for your work is better because you have bills to pay, but you have to see everything in larger perspective and not just immediate profit. The best way to excel in your online career is to find a middle path, you sell articles and ebooks to clients as well as maintain your blog and also publish ebooks on your own name. By doing this you will have something to show to your future clients. You will also be able to build your online reputation.