How to deal with worker's personal Use of Company Property

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Some employees and workers always want to take advantage of their offices properties ,equipment documents or assets since they have these thing's at their disposal.

The truth is that it is not supposed to to be so. You don't use the company's property as your personal thing so if you are an employer you can put a stop to this by using the following tips

Have a policy in place you need to let your workers know that your company Frowns at any employee using the company's assets for their personal use

Mete out some penalties
The way to stop the use of the company's property by workers is to put some form of punishment for whoever is being caught . This will help put people in check.

Monitor usage of the companies assets
Another way you can put a stop to this is by monitoring the workers this will help keep them in check because they will know that they are monitored.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
There is always rules and regulation in any business , so this shouldn't really be a problem to me because as long as there is rules and regulations and one of the rules is that new employees should make use of the company's products or properties without the knowledge of the business management.

In situation that this is happening , it is always as a result of the fact that the business management has neglected their responsibilities and they have also failed to check mate what is happening in the business . That is only when employees and other members of the business organisation can abuse the company's property without the notice of the business management..

If I have to establish a business in the future this wouldn't be a problem because rules and regulation will cover it all as long as I am in position to make rules. . .

Etini

Valued Contributor
If your employees using facilities of the organization do not in any way pose damage to that facility, I don't see any big deal in that. It should be the benefit an employee gets from being part of an organization. Take, for instance, I work in a school and I want to hold my wedding reception and the school has a hall, does it mean that I can't use the hall?

It only becomes a problem when the usage of that property by the said staff can result in damage to that asset. I believe organizations should make their staff have a sense of belonging to increase efficiency.

Throughout my academic pursuit at the university, I used the internet in my mom's office to do my research. For me, it is not bad to use your company's assets within safe limits for your personal endeavor. When companies are too strict and rigid, it makes work less fun.