How to deal with baked and fried foods cravings

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The truth is that these foods are not really good for the body, because they are junks and introduced a whole of calories into the body. But they are always delicious and sweet which makes us crave a lot for them. So if you are trying to stay away from them like I do. You can do the following, it does help

• Eat foods that are filling, to help you stay full for a long time e.g. beans
  • Don’t leave home without eating or carry your food along to avoid buying snacks
  • When you feel hungry, take water first, you might just be thirsty not hungry to keep buying baked goods before getting home to eat
  • Stay away from the bakery near you
What else do you do?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am confused with the junk food because there is no clear definition of such foods. It is a catch-all to use fastfood to mean junk food. Anyway, I am fond of baked beans and I don't see anything wrong with it especially for breakfast with bread and ham or sausage. That is one of my favorite breakfast together with fresh orange juice.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
These are mostly about foods baked with flour, sugar and butter that are not nutritious to body apart from spiking the insulin level in the body. When this happens it will make one eat more of it and the cycle continue without added value to the body. One just continue to amass calories that make oe gain weight unnneceesary.

Mika

VIP Contributor
eating nuts like pistachios, cashews, almonds, dates, etc. will help you overcome your cravings for fried and baked foods. But I think you also need to make yourself happy by eating fried foods and baked foods once in a while. You can try scheduling only once a week to avoid eating a lot of fried foods.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I don't see why someone will avoid eating fries entirely, it is not possible. We are humans at times we're kinda enticed by their sweet smells, and good taste, but we shouldn't dwell on eating them as habit, at least once in a while to satisfy our curiosity and tasty nature for sweetness. I don't eat much of them cos i don't eat a the time, but only when it matters.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
The truth is that these foods are not really good for the body, because they are junks and introduced a whole of calories into the body. But they are always delicious and sweet which makes us crave a lot for them. So if you are trying to stay away from them like I do. You can do the following, it does help

• Eat foods that are filling, to help you stay full for a long time e.g. beans
  • Don’t leave home without eating or carry your food along to avoid buying snacks
  • When you feel hungry, take water first, you might just be thirsty not hungry to keep buying baked goods before getting home to eat
  • Stay away from the bakery near you
What else do you do?
Thank you for the information but you have to also understand that taking water in an empty stomach sometimes is not always the best because it can cause a lot of stomach upset since there will be a lot of gas on the empty stomach. Do you really think that bake food are really dangerous to the human body ?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Thank you for the information but you have to also understand that taking water in an empty stomach sometimes is not always the best because it can cause a lot of stomach upset since there will be a lot of gas on the empty stomach. Do you really think that bake food are really dangerous to the human body ?
Yeah junks are bad to the body. Eating it occasionally might not have much health issues on the body but making it a daily intake is bad. You would be loading your system with loads and loads of calories which can cause obesity, high blood pressure, chronic diseases and even cancer. You can do your research.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yeah junks are bad to the body. Eating it occasionally might not have much health issues on the body but making it a daily intake is bad. You would be loading your system with loads and loads of calories which can cause obesity, high blood pressure, chronic diseases and even cancer. You can do your research.
Well I take a lot of bread but I didn't have any understanding that this can be dangerous to the body because as I know bread is also a bake food... We are always advised to consume a lot of vegetable but does it really mean that we will be able to consume vegetable from morning till evening for the rest of our life ?