How to Correct Your Kids Without Hurting Their Skin.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Would You Hurt Your Kids' Skin to Set Them Right?

For many parents, physical punishment is the first method they consider when they think about disciplining their kids, but there are sometimes negative consequences that make this approach less than ideal. Because every kid is different, there's no one-size-fits-all solution, but you can take some measures.

Here are some ways to correct your children without beating them:
  • Time-Out
Have a time-out chair that they must sit in for five minutes if they misbehave. Make sure it's uncomfortable! If necessary, don't let them have anything to eat or drink.
  • Take away Their Allowance
Take away their allowance if they don't behave in the way you want them to behave, especially when they're in public.
  • Ground Them
Ground them from fun activities like playing outside, going out with friends, or playing video games. The more fun things you take away from them, the better!
  • Humiliate Them
Humiliate them by yelling at them in public places when they misbehave, so that everyone knows what's going on and can judge you for it. This will
  • Give Them Choices
Instead of punishing your child when they've done something wrong, try giving them options for another way they could act instead: "Do you want me to read this story now or later?" This will give them a sense of reasoning and responsibility.
  • Change Environment
You can scare them by threatening to change their environment and stop seeing their friends if they fail to change.
  • Let Them Know The Gravity of Their Actions
You can educate them on the implications of what they did, some of them don't even know right from wrong.
  • Help Them Confide in You.
Have a heart to heart talk, what they want and how you can help them.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This your post is almost confusing because I don't understand how doing these disciplines will hurt or not hurt their skin. But it you are talking about giving kids befitting discipline that won't hurt them then I think you are right with some points

I think it is high time parents know or learn to discipline children without having to pick a cane I even prefer to talk to the little ones so that the words will sink than beating them and inflicting pains on them.

like you have listed I like grounding the kids and taking away their playthings. it must them realize that the gravity of what they did is heavy and that they need to resist the urge to repeat them or else they would get more punishment.

But I wouldn't subscribe to yelling or humiliating a child to avoid any kind of trauma which can be really devastating to the children.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Your second sentence is in line with my thread. As per the last paragraph: Let me tell you a story; when I was a little boy, I attended a Primary school where I was the senior prefect, I was very humble that no one knew I was stubborn at home. All the effort , which included beating (hurting my skin), punishment and sometimes starvation, didn't change me until my sister threatened to report me at school. I was scared but didn't show it.

Finally, she came to school on a fateful day, she reported me without me knowing, thinking it was the usual visit. The next morning I was called out on the assembly ground to the podium. I was humiliated with a few words and less punishment, but the disbelief and disappointments on their faces( kinda bad leader) melted me. I started changing after that day without a whip or anything else.

That's just my experience and it helped me, despite it paining them to do it. I'm still glad I passed through that, a public humiliation.

E

eldavis

It depends on the kind of relationship you have with your kids though, there are cases where even giving them a silent treatment is more than enough to make them want to change. This is usually very effective for does that have a very close relationship with their kids. There are some cases where giving them a little beaten is just unavoidable but by the time you do this often, they would no longer see the value in it.

blessingc

According to The Holy Bible children are filled with foolishness. Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child and the rod of correction will drive it away.

According to child professors or children psychologists, (“Parents don't want to shout or hit their kids. We do it because we're stressed and don't see another way,” says Professor Cluver.) There are ways to discipline children without spanking or giving them scars.

If you have growing children who are naughty and make you run around the house for several impossible things,that will mean you will have to punish them, it doesn't necessarily means always spanking and yelling, there are creative ways to make them see their faults.

Some of these ways include giving them task that are appropriate for their age. Tasks that will take them time and effort to complete.
Nevertheless, giving them exercises is another way to punish kids who are really tough, you can make them do 10 squats or sit-ups. If their behaviour is bad in social gatherings or at other public places, you could ask them to skip a rope, do frog jumps or run around a particular place without stopping. However, do not overdo this as it could cause muscle fatigue in your child.