How to Build Professional Skills to Make Money

Mika

VIP Contributor
In order to make money, you should be well trained; Here are the top platforms that you can use in order to build knowledge and improve skills. Once you have proper knowledge and skills, you can set out on Fiverr, Upwork, or any other freelancing platform.

Udemy: This is the most popular option. There are a lot of courses available, while choosing a course make sure you choose a course that has a lot of positive reviews and ratings

Alison: This is just like Udemy, but this is a completely free platform, you do not have to pay money to attend courses.

Skillshare: Skillshare is just like Udemy where you can find a lot of courses. This is a subscription-based learning platform.

Coursera: This is another option. The courses on Coursera are prepared by professionals and universities, etc., therefore, their certifications have more value than other learning platforms.

Masterclass: This is another option for learning online. The tutors are industry experts and leaders.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
When it comes to learning a skill, it is always a very important thing to have some basic knowledge about what you are about to pursue. For example, when it comes to learning freelancing skill that is related to freelance writing, you must at least possess some knowledge about English language. There are so many writers who tend to get into the freelancing industry, but they never make money and never earn the reputation of being a great writer because they basically lack the basic skills that are needed to become a freelancer.

As far as online courses are concerned, I have honestly never heard about these courses, but I think that it is a great thing that many online websites offer such kind of courses to people. I just did a Google search and found a few more platforms where you could pursue such kind of freelancing courses and some of the websites include Freelance University and Creative class. I am sure that these website do charge you money, but you will probably learn something if you are serious about pursuing a freelancing career. Moreover, your career also depends on your ability to learn and pick things because it all depends on how talented you are.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Undoubtedly, these are the best platforms to lean a new skill or master your existing your skills. However, when you are attending a course to build knowledge, skill and expertise for earning prospects, you need to check the quality of course. A lot of online learning platforms offer courses created by general users. For instance, if I want I can easily create my own course and publish on Udemy. With few ad campaigns, I can even generate sales. If I am a good marketer, I will even offer the course for free for early 10 enrolls and ask these guys o leave 5 start reviews in return, most people like to return favorably and I can easily get at least 5 positive reviews (all 5 star). And when someone sees 5 start reviews, they will be encouraged to join the course and I start making money. Therefore, you should be very careful about enrolling for a course on any platform offering user generated course. Of all these courses, I think coursera and master class are the best one because courser offers university created or professors created courses where as masterclass offer courses created by industry leaders, for instance you might learn cooking for Ramsy Gordon.