How to beat competition in business

Chibson

VIP Contributor
If you want to go into a business you must understand that competition is unavoidable. Therefore, you must use several strategies as possible to beat your competitors and some of them includes;

Identify what sets you apart from competitors: When you want to venture into a business you must try as much as possible to identify an edgy your business have over that of your competitors'. You can leverage on the quality of your product or Branding to beat your competitors.

Focus on customer service: Your customers are very important part of your business and if you want to become successful you must always try as much as possible to focus on customer satisfaction and service. You need to obtain their opinions and use it to make improvement in your business from time to time in order to stay competitive in business.

Be innovative: If you want to compete in business presently you must always be innovative. You also need to stay up-to-date with the changing customers' preferences, market trends and a whole lot of other things and adjust accordingly..

Offer competitive pricing: The price of your products must always be very much competitive if you want to attract customers. The price of your product shouldn't be higher than that of your competitors' because it can make your customers to leave you and have the mindset there that your products are more expensive.

Build relationships: Building relationships is one of the best ways you can use to beat your competitors in business. You must always build strong relationships that would enhance the operations of your business.

Ebo01

Model the excellence

The main mistake of many salespeople is to try to achieve unattainable goals, in the shortest possible time, ending up disappointed.

Remember: There are no limits to what you can achieve but to obtain incredible levels of success, especially when starting from scratch, may take months or years of practice, but there are some good shortcuts...

To date, the best existing strategy to achieve success in every area of life is to find models of excellence, people with years of experience in your field that can literally save you years of errors...

It is extremely easy to find models of excellence nowadays:

Just follow Blogs, read books, watch videos on YouTube or find friends in your field that are willing to help you.

Be practical

It is essential to have a clear goal of where you want to be and what you want to achieve.

Do you want to become the # 1 salesperson in your company or the CEO of the entire corporation?

Begin to outline your goals and divide them into small "chunks", ie: Create monthly and daily goals so you can monitor your growth gradually.

Also, make sure you schedule your daily and monthly goals in your calendar so that you can keep track of them.

Here is a list of useful questions to start your journey:

Who am I competing against?
What can I do to beat my competitor?
What are his / her weaknesses?
What are my strengths?
What are my weaknesses?
Where do I need to improve?
What kind of resources do I need to possess to achieve my goal?

Mika

VIP Contributor
You can beat your competitors in different ways, and one of the common methods is by lowering your selling price. You don't have to cut a huge price, even a 10-20 cents cut will make a big difference. You might earn less per product, but that will be easily compensated if you focus on volume sales. Another way to outsmart competitors is by improving your product or service quality. There are people do who not care about price, they only care about quality. Therefore by catering to these people, you will be selling better. Another method is through aggressive marketing.

Activator230822

Verified member
In a matter of fact to survive in the stiff competitive market it requires the business people to go for extra mile working on some important policies and measures to beat the competitors.
However they can achieve this through doing the following;

-Being creative and innovative
The Entrepreneurs must come up with some robust ways that can lead them to make some unique improvements and alterations on the customers preferences and tastes that came their products unique to their competitors'.

-Ensuring reduced price
The prices for the commodities and services being provided on the business is the heart for the performance of the business ever
Therefore reducing the prices to a reasonable profit margins can really do wonders in the outlaying of your competitors ever.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The need to tackle the issue of competition in business can't be overemphasized as it is always a prevailing situation in the business but it is doable if one focus on getting it right.
As you have rightly stated itis good for one to Identify what sets one apart from competitors: it is about identifying the edgy you hae over that of your competitors and capitalized on it'. One can leverage on the quality of your product or branding to beat your competitors.

You can Focus on customer service as well . Your customers are the jry of the business andto become successful you must deliver good services