How to avoid scams while trying to make money online.

Kennysplash

Verified member
These recent years has seen a huge increase in the use of technology. The internet has made it possible for many people to have the opportunity to make money online. However these people are susceptible to scams as well, they might encounter individuals that would try to rob them of their hard earned money. So it is important to learn how to identify these scams and avoid them early enough.

First and foremost, don't trust websites that don't have odd extensions. Websites that end with xyz are most likely not legitimate. So if it is not .com or .org you should be wary of such websites.

Secondly, stay away from websites where you have to deposit before you can make money. Unless you are looking for where to incest your funds it makes no sense for you to pay upfront for you to make the same money back. If you had the money you won't be online to look for ways to earn.

Finally, don't trust websites that have an unusually high payout amount. You should be able to see through it that it is a scam if they are telling you that you need to have $250 before you can withdraw. It is most likely scam.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
The most important thing you need to do is to know what you want. That is very important for you if you are interested to avoid being scam and do not easily entertained things that are too good to be true .
I have come to understand that 95% of scammers on the internet will always try to lure people with offers that are always too good.
It is quite better for you to work hard to make money than to look for a very simple way of raising huge sum of money within a short period of time as you could easily be scam.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Scamming online is very real so one needs to be careful when it comes to doing stuff online. I agree with you, when it comes to online earning you need to stay away from websites where you have to deposit money before you can make money. it is always scam sites that have this style or model of money making keep away from them.

Again, desist from working with websites that have an unusual high payout amount. I try to avoid these sites because I have been a victim before. Mine was just $30 and I was scammed by answeree.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
If you want to make money on the internet you must encounter a lot of scams. That is why it is always important and necessary you make research about any kind of platform you want to work for.

There are a lot of platforms you can use to make your research such as forums, trustpilot and a whole lot of others.

The good thing about using forums to make your research before you venture into any platform is that there are people who have first-hand experience there and they can easily tell you if it is a legitimate platform or not.

Scamadviser is also another good platform you can use to check for the legitimacy of any website.

E

eldavis

Most times it might be near impossible to actually know the legit from the fake, cause these scammers are constantly looking for ways to make it a lot harder for people to fish them out. The best you can do is to make proper research before doing anything online. Before you invest, make sure you have have found out all that you can on the site or investment. Find out orders on the site and discuss with them, let them tell you their experience on the site or with the investment so far. Another thing is to always invest what you know you can handle.

CarlB

To avoid scams while attempting to make money online, follow these tips:

1. Research and verify: Always research the company or opportunity thoroughly before getting involved. Look for reviews, testimonials, and online presence to ensure legitimacy.

2. Check for contact information: Legitimate companies will provide valid contact information, including a physical address and customer support. Reach out to them to verify their authenticity.

3. Be cautious of unrealistic promises: If an opportunity promises extremely high earnings with minimal effort or guarantees overnight success, it's likely a scam. Remember that legitimate online earning requires time, effort, and dedication.

4. Look for secure payment methods: Scammers often request payment through unconventional methods or ask for personal financial information. Stick to reputable payment platforms and be cautious when sharing sensitive details.

5. Trust your instincts: If something feels too good to be true or seems suspicious, trust your gut instinct. If an opportunity feels off or raises red flags, it's safer to walk away.

6. Seek recommendations and reviews: Seek advice from others who have experience in making money online. Join online communities or forums where people share insights and recommendations to help you make informed decisions.

7. Avoid upfront fees: Be cautious of opportunities that require significant upfront fees or investments before you can start earning. Legitimate online opportunities typically don't require substantial upfront costs.

8. Read terms and conditions: Carefully read the terms and conditions or any agreements before engaging in an online opportunity. Look for hidden clauses or requirements that may indicate a potential scam.

9. Report and expose scams: If you come across a scam, report it to the appropriate authorities or consumer protection agencies. By exposing scams, you can help protect others from falling victim to fraudulent schemes.
Remember, being cautious and conducting due diligence is crucial to avoid scams and protect yourself when trying to make money online.

mbsun

They always say, if it is too good to be true - it probably is.

But scammers are also getting really good at finding that fine line between making an offer VERY attractive, without it sounding too good to be true.

Do you due diligence - research the company/person.

I've only been scammed once in 7 years, where the guy wanted a LOAD of work before paying. Luckily, I just wrote one short article for him and refused to do more until I got paid....he said the writing 'wasn't to standard'. But it magically found its way onto his website in a few days.

People can be so disgusting sometimes.