How to avoid being blocked for spamming?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Nothing is more painful than losing your email address to due to being linked to spamming prospective end users of a service that you are rendering to make some good money online.
The worst case scenario is when you are still engaging a buyer through email and do not even have another means of getting in touch with them before the account got blocked for spamming.

I want us, in this thread, to share how to avoid getting banned for spamming.

1. Do not exceed your email sending limits: you have to research how many emails you are eligible t send it receive per day or per hour. Doing this would help a lot to avoid being blocked for spamming.

2. Some terms have been marked as span triggers by Google. It is now up to you to research to know those words and try as much as possible to not use them, or make sure you do not use them consistently in your emails.

3. Address the recipients by name. This goes a long way in showing the recipients that such email is personalised and not some random individuals trying to get them into buying their goods. It gives that Sense of professionalism.

Which hint can you add?

DEVANSHI

Here are some rules to follow.
Don’t buy email lists.
Do use double opt-in to confirm email list subscribers.
Don’t repeatedly send the same or similar content.
Take good email marketing services that help you in product establishment, marketing and branding. currently I'm using 171mail.com and its quiet good.
Don’t send attachments, it’s a sure way to get blocked.
Do include information on how to unsubscribe in every email.
Do watch your sending frequency. Send email regularly while being careful not to overwhelm readers.
Do send email from a legitimate address that is checked by a real person.
Do ask subscribers to add your email address to their contact list.
Do practice good list hygiene.
Don’t blind carbon copy (BCC) your list.
Don’t use too many images.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Here are some rules to follow.
Don’t buy email lists.
Do use double opt-in to confirm email list subscribers.
Don’t repeatedly send the same or similar content.
Take good email marketing services that help you in product establishment, marketing and branding. currently I'm using 171mail.com and its quiet good.
Don’t send attachments, it’s a sure way to get blocked.
Do include information on how to unsubscribe in every email.
Do watch your sending frequency. Send email regularly while being careful not to overwhelm readers.
Do send email from a legitimate address that is checked by a real person.
Do ask subscribers to add your email address to their contact list.
Do practice good list hygiene.
Don’t blind carbon copy (BCC) your list.
Don’t use too many images.
This is very much correct and a lot of times we take these things for granted that is why we end up in trouble. I personally try my best to read up and know what the law requires about spamming and how to make sure I am not defaulting. This has gone a long way in making me to stay safe without getting my emails blocked.

One thing that I have also learned is that one should not use their personal email address for marketing through emails. Because you may be unlucky and get blocked permanently. This would then cause us to lose out on so many things that we may have used our personal email address for.

I had a personal experience about this which taught me a great lesson that I would forever not forget anymore. When my personal email got blocked by Google , I was really confused and devastated and I almost missed out on a Scholarship that I earlier applied for. This is why I am writing to advise anyone to make sure that they do not use any of their personal email address for marketing to avoid similar scenarios. Except of course, if the said email address is no longer valuable to them again.