How to advance in business from a small business

raaman

Valued Contributor
How to advance in business from a small business.
Anyone in business would like to progress in their line of business. But, how to advance in the competitive business world starting from a small business? An MLM type business is very suitable for people who have extra time to deal with managing the sale of products. In general, the people who get involved in such businesses are students, retirees, housewives or simply people who have more free time at their disposal. Starting an MLM type of business is not very difficult, but you need minimal knowledge of business, accounting and legislation or a simple accounting software suitable for this type of activity. According to statistics, the majority of people who prefer MLM businesses are found to be ladies.

Ramolak19

Verified member
Having a clear vision and strategic plan is essential for small businesses looking to succeed in their careers. Put your attention toward establishing trusting connections with customers. Increase the size of your market by using focused marketing initiatives and a strong online presence. Keep coming up with new ideas and changing with the industry. Make an investment in networking and professional growth. Lastly, take good care of your money and look for ways to expand sustainably.

King bell

VIP Contributor
To evolve a small business into a larger enterprise, it is vital to assess your current status, set specific objectives, create an online presence, diversify your product/service offering, streamline operations, ensure customer satisfaction, increase the market reach, invest on marketing and advertisement, establish strategic alliances with other firms, improve financial management systems, build an effective workforce or team of employees and upgrade technology and infrastructure. Seek for funding opportunities; and reinvesting profits back into the business for expansion. These steps will keep you on the growth trajectory and make sure that as a growing company you are financially sustainable. Being aware of industry trends; monitoring KPIs; creating a scalable business model; adhering to regulations and legal requirements; as well as ploughing back profits into the business for growth are paramount. You need to regularly reevaluate your strategies as you go forward in order to succeed.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Reading through the opening post, I saw the original poster mention multi level marketing as a good strategy to grow a business. I have a contrasting view to that. There is no way one can improve a business using multi level marketing. When you try to tell someone anything that has to do with a pyramid scheme in my location, they seem to get angry ans won't be interested in it.

I think other strategies like direct target marketing and market segmentation would help a business to grow more than using a multi level marketing approach. Anything that uses the model of multi level marketing is exploitative and won't stand for a long time.

Phantasm

Banned
To grow one’s small business into a large enterprise, there is need to have clear goals and vision, invest in marketing and branding, improve product and service offerings, enhance operational efficiency, focus on customer relationship management, expand the market reach, effective financial management must be instituted too, investment in employee development has to be prioritized as well as strategic partnerships; also embracing technology integration will enable it embrace quality which diversified revenue streams facilitates networking to gather customer feedback regularly aids and adaptation of market trends taking care of the legalities-bound compliance alongside creating a solid online presence one must also evaluate before pivoting investing in leadership development becomes inevitable having the plan for successful planning at last.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I do not even consider MLM a legit business, I think it is a scam. The primary reason why I think MLM is not a proper business is because yo make money just by recruiting paying customers and you have to cheat on people to make money. In my opinion, your business needs to sell legit products, you can grow from small business to big business by introducing more products, spreading to newer markets, and generating more sales.