How possible is it to have a job and run a business?

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There are many people around the world who wants to have a job and run their own businesses simultaneously and the major reason is because they want to create various income streams for themselves.

The truth is that many economic downturn around the world has even contributed to the reason so many people want to create various sources of income for themselves.

Another major reason so many people are looking for different ways in order to start a business and have a job simultaneously is because Some of them may be afraid of leaving their jobs in order to start a business because of a lot of uncertainties around it.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with this as long as you are able to create enough time for your business and your job simultaneously. But one thing you have to understand is that it depends on the kind of business you are doing and the kind of job you have.

If you are in doing a banking job in this part of the world it will be very hard for you to have time for your business because they usually work up to 10 hours or even more which may not give you the chance to do the both of them simultaneously.

Have you ever experienced or done something like that before?.

niche

Verified member
There are some people who have good jobs in reputed companies and are also running a business. Large companies pay a very good salary and have good working conditions so many people prefer jobs in these companies. So they find reliable staff to run their business, look after day to day activities and then only manage the business . Many manufacturing businesses are largely automated, or require manual labor, only supervision or financial management has to be done by the business owner.

E

eldavis

It depends on the kind of job you are doing and also the kind of business you are into as well. The truth of the matter is if you have a full time job, you might not have enough time to run your own business. I am speaking from example. As of last year i had a job working under someone and i was trying to start up a small business for myself as well. In there where some jobs i had to let go or loose for my business because there was not enough time for me to do them all. This year i simply made the Decision to focus on my personal business and try my best to grow it from there.