How Often Do You Take Breaks In Your Business Engagements?

Kendy

Verified member
It is somewhat saddening that some people do take the act or culture of making money as a do or die offer. Do not get me wrong, making money is essential because in this century, there is virtually nothing which is gotten for free without money. Even Freetown, nothing is free. Some individuals working both offline and online do take the habit of making money as though there is no other day which this money could be made. Those working offline for companies or organizations are always put under stress or duress by their employers to meet you realistic targets which in such situation, their salaries too would not be increased under the same pressure.

A year ago, I worked as a teacher in a big school, the building of the school alone would make an onlooker think that, teachers are being paid huge scale of salaries but we were receiving peanuts. In a class of thirty students, a teacher's salary was not even up to half of one students school fees coupled with miserable working conditions where we resumed from 6:45am in the morning and closed by 4pm or 5pm on some occasions. Even during our weekends, we were mandated to be in school for training or to decorate the school. The burden was too much and I had to quit because it did not add any value to me. How often do you take breaks?

Rachael

Verified member
Health is wealth and when once the body is over worked, it gets difficult to coordinate. When I was working for an employer, I did not have any time for breaks. I worked from 6am in the morning till 4pm or 5pm everyday and the worst of it was that even on Saturdays which was supposed to be a resting day, where you could do some laundry and stuck up the house with food stuffs, the employer mandated a compulsory training and failure to attend, you would have your salary deducted to the barest minimum and your take home package would be so meagre. Only Sunday was a free day and this affected my health status so deep that I was so emaciated. I had to quit the job when I got sick and almost lost my life because of lack of rest. People might see rest as not being important but I tell you that may people have lost their lives because of inability to rest. Presently, I do not play with my health, When once I engage in a task or I am reading and I feel tired, I would stop immediately because if I continue, I would be processing gibberish.

E

eldavis

Right now I would say my breaks are not enough. I am currently working a 8am to 7pm job, which is approximately 12 hours of work time. During this 12 hours there is no break, the only break we get is when there are no clients to deal with or when we sneak out ourselves. Taking breaks is very important, because health experts have discovered that staying in a particular position for long is harmful to the health, so having breaks while working is healthy.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I work online most of the time and even though I work online I'm always very careful that I did not overwork because when you overwork it can definitely affect your eyes and can causes a lot of side effects that you may not be comfortable with .

Most of my earning nowadays are online and I concentrate so much online together with my little offline earning opportunities which is my electrical skill.
Even if I work online I do not concentrate full-time and full-day online because that will definitely affect you .

Since I am working on line I have to reschedule my time that the highest I can concentrate at a particular time on the screen is just 2 hours 30 minutes and after that I will just look for a way to relax and rest then I may decide to come to it if there are still some earning opportunities for me to do online .

It all depends on people , anyone that is conscious of his or her health will always try to take a break and will refrain from doing things that is harmful to any type of their body that could result in something serious .

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Some may ask how important taking of break is?
The most important thing with your break frequency is to ensure that you are breaking at all. It is important to stop and take a moment for yourself throughout the day. Whether it be for a few minutes or an hour, it is important to stop and reevaluate your life, goals, and health before you burn out.

Studies show that people who take breaks live longer than those who do not. They also report being happier and more productive when they are working than those who do not take breaks. As business leaders, time management is critical. You need to be able to work as efficiently as possible while still putting in your best effort when working on something difficult.

Breaks allow you to recharge your mind and body so that you can get back in there feeling ready to tackle anything thrown at you next!

What are some ways to incorporate breaks into your workday? Here are five strategies:

1) Step away from your desk every hour

2) Do something physical

3) Take a digital break

4) Use your breaks wisely

5) Make sure they're actually fun