How Often Do You Switch Or Change Your Job And Why?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Many people seek jobs because they need to gain experience and make money as well. They also want to work and get exposure to professional environment. This is why it is always a better idea to seek jobs. However, it is a common thing to switch jobs when you are not satisfied with the current job you have. In that case many people would seek to switch jobs very often when they do not fiend satisfaction with the current job they have. Switching jobs can be good because switching jobs often could help you to expose yourself to many different organizations and you get the opportunity to find and discover many different opportunities in the world.

When you stay with one organization for a long time, you may not meet new people and you may never explore more opportunities provided by other companies in your field. This is why many people usually switch jobs. One of the biggest reasons why many people switch job is because they are simply not satisfied with the working environment or with how many companies treat their employees. So they regularly switch jobs to find the most suitable working environment for them. So how often do you switch jobs?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In my own experience I had move to another job several times. My first employment last for 10 years and I left because the company was on the verge of closing due to bankruptcy. The next employment lasted for 2 years because I had an offer of a job in the US which lasted for 6 months only. What followed was the software house that hired me as operations manager. My plan for my career was to stay in just one company because being employed for long has many benefits. My wife worked in the same company for 30 years that she was entitled to 2 months of salary for every year of service when she retired. When the tenure of the employee is less than 5 years then there is no such benefit given. In my last employment as technical consultant I lasted 12 years and I'd say that is more than enough. Retirement called me and I tried to enjoy life until now.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Switching jobs is something that most people do before they find one that they really want to do till their retirement. When you are young, you try so many things because first you are still confused about what you actually want and second because most opportunities are temporary when you are still young in the working world. This is totally.

For some people, switching jobs is an issue of poor emotional intelligence. One thing makes you feel bad and what you do is cut it off. Such people never get satisfied with any job and they don't deal with emotions, they just avoid them by finding something else to do.

Therefore, it is best for you to know your reason for switching jobs. If it is the first, then that is just normal. But the second requires you to seek help.

E

eldavis

I hardly change jobs, the only reason I would change my current job is either I have found another place that pays higher than where I am currently working right now, or a situation where I relocate to another location. There is no need changing jobs when I am still being paid the same thing or even lesser.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
I can very well relate with this topic as am found of changing any job i discover the management is trying to change the original objectives of the organizations and the original job description. I remember when I join a n invest company and then we were employed as business development officers and our duties were to attend to the clients need for the request for loans and to ensure that their investment were remitted to the appropriate quarters. Again we go out from time to time to attend to our customers on the field. Then it now got to a particular point in time I began to notice so shift from the original objective of the organization which was suppose to take in investments and issue out soft loans, and the same time handle savings. Then they began to introduce food savings. Initially I was a bit worried about it and I spoke with my boss for some clarifications. Then later I realise that they started collecting money from the client in the promise of giving them a very huge grant. That was when I knew it was time for me to take my leave. Then I left the company and it liquidated.