D

Deleted member 13140

Several investors believe they should put all of their money into the market. That they will earn a lot in ROI This isn't always the case. To figure out how much money you should put into an investment, you must first figure out how much you can afford to put into it and what your financial goals are.

First We'll start with how much you can currently invest with, Do you have any money in the bank that you could use? If so, you planned well, so congrats, When you tie your money up in an investment, though, you don't want to cut yourself short.
there was a reason you started saving so what was the reason??

It's critical to retain three to six months' worth of living costs in a liquid savings account — don't invest it! Don't put any money in the bank that you might need in the future.

Having the guidance of a financial Planner, you can ensure that you're not investing too much or maybe even less than you should in other to meet your investing goals or objective.

The thing is, And this is very crucial, Don't invest into stocks if you don't have a steady income, And when you do, Don't invest more than 40%.

Last edited by a moderator:

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That's is true, we should make plans first, how much we want to spend before going to spend money via any of the investment options. I live stock and exchange kind of investments, but at the moment I have no extra to throw up there. So, that isn't on my agenda now, but it doesn't mean I can't consider it in the future. That shows, everything should be in accordance to what you can afford and not what you can't. We should simply work base on the amount of money we have in our disposal for investment and not throwing up all we have made due to bigger ROI that can cause us losing it all.

D

Deleted member 28127

This rule is appliable to everything in life-related to expenses whether it is investment or shopping. You may find someone how is putting all his money to purchase jewelry while it is a wrong decision because when it comes to necessary expenses the money is spent in a hole manner then he/she will borrow some funds to complete months expenses. Then also because your friend has invested or purchased from this site you have also to invest or purchase then where is your personality? If the purchase is only to follow what people are doing and it is not a personal decision?

General01

That's the plain truth and a strongly agree with you!
One should not invest his all. It may put one into problem if their is a loss
I would suggest that whenever you are to invest, invest the amount you are capable of risking in case there is failure

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
There is a simple rule of investing. A lot of successful investors and financial advisers say that you should invest with the money that you can afford to lose. In other words, you should invest only the amount that does not affect you financially. If you invest the money that you you will need to pay your bills, what will happen of you in case the company collarless or the share market crashes. The best investment strategy is to invest just about 50 percent of your savings. If you lose, you still have something on your bank. Remember, I said saving, not your net worth.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Money to be invested will depend greatly on the investor. There are some people that are high risk takers and they believe they either make more bigger or lose it bigger. While we have some average risk taker that only invest half of their money because they are sceptical of the investment or they are sacred to lose it all.

E

eldavis

I believe there is actually no specific amount for anyone to invest. You can simply invest based on your budget. Like I always advice everyone, it's best to invest the amount you are okay with loosing.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well it depends on what I am investing on but sometimes if I am to invest on a project I believe will do well in the future then I can invest up to 50% of my overall money, the reason why I will be so reluctant to invest so much of my money on any project is because the volatile nature of cryptocurrency and stock trading is discouraging me and also a lot of people from investing so much, and the value of your assets can degrees within a short period of time and may sometimes take a very long time before it returns back to its original value.. because of this the best way to invest in a volatile market is just to invest the amount of money you are not willing to use urgently because this will help to prevent selling out your loses to to solve your financial problems, personally in cryptocurrency any amount of money I am investing on a project is strictly for long-term purposes and it is none of my business even if the value of the asset depreciate but I know no matter the level of depreciation it will eventually comes back to its original value.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I was actually against investing in stocks until I learned that blue chip stocks can earn you dividends. Maybe I can only invest in blue chip stocks because that is the safest although I have to admit that profit on the stock prices are not dependable and pretty slow. For the amount of investment in stocks, your spare money will do instead of leaving it in the bank for your lifetime savings. Stocks is a long term investment so be prepared to let the stocks stay in your hold for a year or so. You will see the price to rise up slightly and sometimes it goes down slightly too. But when you need the money it is easy to sell although the profit is not guaranteed. Just take note that your money is there for your taking and if you want profit then do not sell now.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I bought shares for the first time in 2016. I invested everything I had saved. It was something like gambling because I invested $1000 in buying shares from the company that was recently listed on the stock exchange. It was risky but worth trying because I was allotted 1000 shares for $1 each. The current value of those shares is around $5000. I think it is a good investment considering the fact that I did not have to do anything yet I have made $4000 profit from $1000 investment in the period of 5 years. If you want to buy shares, buy IPO shares.

D

Deleted member 13140

That's is true, we should make plans first, how much we want to spend before going to spend money via any of the investment options. I live stock and exchange kind of investments, but at the moment I have no extra to throw up there. So, that isn't on my agenda now, but it doesn't mean I can't consider it in the future. That shows, everything should be in accordance to what you can afford and not what you can't. We should simply work base on the amount of money we have in our disposal for investment and not throwing up all we have made due to bigger ROI that can cause us losing it all.
absolutely recently I haven't really bought any stocks, well because I don't have an extra amount to spend on them so it's not some strategy thing, it's more like a numbers game, do you have it now or not, did you make profit after spending on house stuff and paying tax and all that thing

sincerem

VIP Contributor
absolutely recently I haven't really bought any stocks, well because I don't have an extra amount to spend on them so it's not some strategy thing, it's more like a numbers game, do you have it now or not, did you make profit after spending on house stuff and paying tax and all that thing
I got what you've said. When it comes to investing in stocks or real estate, it comes down to having funds to invest. Anyone who doesn't have, or doesn't have better strategy can simply stay back, why save up more and take up other investment opportunity to grow first, then come back to invest when his or her funds have really grown. I wouldn't invest in stocks & shares or real estate, when I don't have much to go into it.

D

Deleted member 28127

Most people want fast results which are against real estate or stocks investments or crypto trading where there are no fast returns.

pegg

People always make rules on how much you should invest, how much in one company, etc. it largely depends on the type of investment. Owning a share of a large conglomerate is very different to a pre revenue startup. the first you could put a big chunk of your money in if it is well run. riskier investments only a few percent.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
It is very important for people to try as much as possible to make sure that they're not just investing in everything they have in an opportunity they just got to know of .

The fact is that, no matter how much potential there is in any investment opportunity, it is very important for people to try as much as possible to make sure they are only investing a little amount of money that they can afford to lose without feeling too bad .

This is very important, especially if it is an investment opportunity that you are not too sure of it potentials.

Failure to take this into consideration is the reason why so many people get to invest their life savings into something that they did not really have a clear understanding of , or one that doesn't even have enough potential , only to regret in the end and realise that there is really no way for them to recover everything they have spent .

As for me , I recommend that make sure you are only investing about 20% of your capital first to see how the investment will go , before deciding whether to invest higher amount of money , or not to do so .

Sodiq

Well I truely believe with financial discipline, you can invest any amount you truely want to invest, it all depends on the level of recurrent expenditure you are willing to cope with. I have denied myself beer with the guys,women and expensive foods just to invest about 80-85% of my monthly income although I still give room for these on an occasional basis.

Many investment gurus have said that most lucrative investment you can make is an investment in yourself. What this means is to use your extra cash to buy things that will increase your earning power, such as certifications, career-enhancing books, part-time studies, and good healthcare. Or your business, if you're an entrepreneur.

ddude28

never invest money that you need in the near future. like to pay your rent or other important day to day expenses. Invest the money you have left after taking care of all

moneyteam

The amount of money you should invest in stocks will depend on your goals, your risk tolerance, and your financial situation. If you're investing for the long term, you may want to invest more money in stocks than in other assets. But if you're investing for the short term, you may want to limit your stock investment to a smaller percentage of your overall portfolio.

Suba

Staff member
Before you invest, of course you have to know the types of stocks, the function of stocks and you also have to plan the right investment whether it is a long-term investment or a short-term investment. whether you want to own shares with voting rights, all this will determine the amount of capital you need to invest. You need to know, we don't have to buy shares in lump sum, for example 100 lots times the price per share, plus security fees and stamp duty as well as VAT of course you will need a large amount of money. But if you only have a little money you can buy a minimum of 1lot and you can make periodic purchases. So how much money should you invest in my opinion is not quite right, because it is not the same for everyone, and it doesn't depend on how much money we save in the bank, if you are a professional trader, of course there is no problem buying shares in large quantities, because you can control the pressure. psychology can also avoid FOMO.