How many time have you been disappointed or fail in business?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
In business everybody always running from been failed and at the same time they still want to make profit.
And in businesses failure is inevitable but it can still be manage . As will all know that life it self is risk in fact going out from your house is risk then why not taken that risk.
In business if you had never fail before that means you have not done business yet.
What you just need to do as a business man/woman is to note where you have fall before and take to corrections so that you will not fail again.
If you ask those top business man/woman they will surely tell you that,they had failed many time and latter rise again. Take advice from those who know more about business whenever you want to start one. So have you ever fail before in business?

Daykas

In business everybody always running from been failed and at the same time they still want to make profit.
And in businesses failure is inevitable but it can still be manage . As will all know that life it self is risk in fact going out from your house is risk then why not taken that risk.
In business if you had never fail before that means you have not done business yet.
What you just need to do as a business man/woman is to note where you have fall before and take to corrections so that you will not fail again.
If you ask those top business man/woman they will surely tell you that,they had failed many time and latter rise again. Take advice from those who know more about business whenever you want to start one. So have you ever fail before in business?
Actually if u didn't fail sometimes you won't know how prepared you are.
That remind me of when I venture into the rearing of chicken because my cousin is making cool cash out it.
But I realise how woefully I fail when the rate of mortality is higher than my profit which make me sell all the chicken out when I couldn't afford losses.
Failing sometimes is not a total failure but an eyes opener.

Victor001

They say every disappointment is a blessing in disguise,but what I suffered in forex trading was never a blessing, countless times I kept loosing. The problem is we should not place ignorance as an excuse for failure,and we should not always use the same strategies to expect a different result. Failure is inevitable but we should be smart to kny when to stop.

Dorcey

Has a business owner you should be ready and always have it mind that you going to face some challenges In business but always be ready to take your stand be determined, failing those not mean you cannot make it or you won't rise again people fall and rise all you have to do is to be focuse and be positive, positivity matters alot

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I have actually not been into any business. But I have helped my mother to run a business in past, about ten years ago.the business was actually very successful in the beginning but a time where there was no financial backup and everything just went downhill. One of the main causes of business failure is lack of proper planning and financial backup.

Maphalle

As an entrepreneur you should know that every business is a profit or loss game of not both. When you start a business, the first 12 months becomes so difficult bcos at that time you can't see the profit as it goes into development of the business and paying employees. Then thereafter you see the profit in drips n drops.

Ozigba Richard Lamai

Not stressing I have failed in business so many times I've been disappointed so many times but this has been my couragement and this has been what has keep me going in terms of business and also life, we don't allow disappointment of failure to bring you down instead realised to encourage you and for you to have more dreams ability to grow hand in everything you are doing take this appointment as encouragement and not as failure or is still down with this you will be the best in all that you do.

Samuel72

Verified member
according to my own point of view as a well explained business man I believe many people normally get failure when starting business for the first time, this is because they are not aware of what they are venturing into as for me when I was starting my business I failed twice but I never give up on the business this is because I have believed in that business and also I was determined and most of all I was hard working in the business right now I am well successful

OlaAdams

Well stated.

I find personal questions like this very interesting because I get to hear different experience of people.

Well, personally. I haven't been failed or disappointed in any business ?. This is because I haven't even tried any business. I am a freelance graphics designer.

But I have been disappointed by people ? and scam platforms.

Makah

I love your post and it's properly outlined. Nobody loves failure and all we need to know that failure doesn't mean you should give up rather it should be a motivation and a stepping stone for your success and never gave up on your dreams ways too easily. Though I haven't tried any business with my own business and. I hope to start one some day May God help and Show me the right way to success

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I had 2 businesses before that both failed but for different reasons. When my first business failed it didn't affect me much because that was just a trial. But in my 2nd business I was kind of depressed for a week because I had to close it after 4 years of operation. As they usually say, the business was good while it lasted. I have learned a lot of lessons from those businesses of mine.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
I've never felt disappointed in any business failure either about the one I had or even family members. One of the advice I keep handy for anybody with business tendencies is that never get your hopes too high and train your mind. In other words be balance mentally. Hence, you'll try all failure as a blessing and urge to do more.

Rachael

Verified member
I have been disappointed severally but I have failed one time in business. Disappointments is almost inevitable and the best way to avoid this is never to expect anything from anyone, not even your blood related member. Twelve months ago was a critical time of my life that taught me invaluable lesson because to say I was disappointed is truly a understatement because I was at my breakdown point but my self confidence and mental power were the forces that kept me foreseeing greater days. I failed in a poultry farm business which I lost over 150 birds out of 200 which I had put to try for a start. Despite with all the caution and the veterinary doctor's advise which I applied with keen directives, my Broilers die almost 30 in one single day. It was a traumatizing period for me because the major demerit of this poultry farm is bad health condition, when one bird is affected, if not properly managed, majority of the chickens would be infected as well. The major lesson I had learnt in this line of business is not to just buy any specie of chicks, because the brand or products of the chickens matters a lot.

Kendy

Verified member
This thread brings back a spontaneous flow of memories which I could extract from my retaining cognitive domain. I have been disappointed on several occasions and one thing I drew out of the experience is to struggle with all my might and ability and depend less on people. I've failed in a line of business which I operated four months ago, I had learnt the skill of storing of palm oil which you purchase when the price is low and resale to make gains when the price is high. The storing procedure might look easy but if you are not careful, you will run into losses. There drums and cans to store the oil should have no casualties and it should be stored on planks which is above the ground level and sealed properly. To this, it should not be placed close to the walls because it would affect the colour and the taste of the oil. It can even make it decay before time to resale. One of the most challenging part of the business is the ability to know a gist grade oil because when you get this type, you can be rest assured that you can store it for a longer duration. I did not learn or know the basic of selecting a good oil which led to the business failure.

Yhubee

Every business comes with risks which is borne by the business owner. What's important is how to handle those issues so they don't rise again or for some issues that are inevitable, how to handle them when next they arise.
Most of these issues are always very disappointing and can cause discouragement to the business owner.
One particular year, I watched my mum suffer a great loss in her poultry farming business due to a flu that came that season. In less than a week, my mum lost over 50 broilers out of the 100 she had to the flu. It was a very painful sight. In the end she still managed to take care of the rest that survived and sold them though she was still at a loss.
We thought she would end the business and maybe go into something else, but she didn't!.
The next season my mum went and bought 150 chicks and this time around she recorded a very huge profit which covered for the losses she made the last season.
That was a motivation for me. I understood that there was a risk with every business, but the way you handle those issues matters a lot.Giving up never helps, keep striving.