Business Ideas How important is punctuality in business?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
What is punctuality in business? The word punctuality means being in the place of business at the right time when needed by the customers.
There is nothing inspires confidence in a business man sooner than punctuality, nor I there any habit which sooner saps his/her reputation than that of being always behind time.

Being tardy or delayed or lately can be a serious marketing blunder for today's business owner. From being late to meetings with a colleague or client ,to not delivering your product or service on time, tardiness or late speaks volume about who you are and how you do business.

If you want customers to choose to do business with you ,you must meet their expectations for performances. As a business man if you can not meet deadlines for delivering products and services, customers will quickly find their ways to your competitors. Being punctual shows that you are confident. When you show up on time, its a sign that you are confident to take on whatever might lay before you and it's also gives you an edge in business against your competitors. Can this really affect business negatively? Let's hear your opinion.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Punctuality is the soul and bone of any successful business and pls not only business but most of the things that involves our life and moving forward. You'll lose potential clients for your business of you are unpunctual. I was once going to a relative place very early in the morning with my hair unkempt. I saw a hair salon along the way that early morning, went in, my hair was made well and till today that salon is my number 1.

toxicptc

Punctuality means respect! I don't think you can get far without being punctual.

Segat

Punctuality is what is to business as loamy soil is to plants. This is what gives the customers confidence and bring more patronage. A business person who is not punctual in its business has lost out already and never be back on track of excellence concerning such business again.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Punctuality is a very important rule to play in a business fame,because being punctual will promote your credibility,being punctual too show that you are a professional,being punctual will help you maintain your customers

Setfragil

Punctuality in business tells how serious a business owner is in managing his business. Coming to business the normal time your customers expected you to be there makes your customers to trust your business in case they have any complains or enquiries to make, they will be rest assure that you will be there. As the old saying goes "punctuality is the soul of the business"

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Punctuality is the soul of business. A serious business owner must be timely. Imagine customers queueing at your shop for some goods and you are no where to be found. Definitely, they have to fish out other business owners that are around to satisfy their needs. And that's how customers will be lost on a daily basis due to non punctuality.

marcusfe

Punctuality is one the key training to learn as an entrepreneur. It's the art of discipline. The fact that you're the owner of your business and nobody can question your lateness doesn't give you the right to come to your business just anytime.

Janiya

The reason behind every successful person is punctuality of his time in his life .
time matters in everyone's life but most of the people ignore the value of time and they just keep moving on whatever they are doing on the movement.
Punctuality depends on our success specially when it comes on daily routine we have to follow the instructions on time so the front percent who is sitting in front office will appreciate and inspire and their working time and he will join us and copy our instructions and he will follow has so in this way the business will go in the success right not in the failing side.
Following and operating instructions related to business and in daily routine make a human .

IamDozzy

Like someone said , “punctuality is the soul of a business”. People and even your workers take you seriously when you ate always punctual to your business, meeting or honouring an appointment. Most contracts are given on how serious and punctual the contractor is. When you are punctual in your business, you stand the chance of getting to the first customers before your competitor does thereby increasing your customer base and more revenue for your business.

Briangsam

Punctuality is very important in anything and everything in life and not only in business. So punctuality is very important in business. This is because it highlights how serious you are with life and by extension, how serious you are with your business.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is the story of 2 applicants. One is simple and mediocre while the other is smart and highly educated. On the day of the interview the simple guy came early so he was interviewed first. The smart applicant came late and the boss had already left for an appointment. The smart guy was not interviewed anymore since the boss decided to hire the simple guy. End of story. That is a neat lesson in punctuality.