How Frequently Do You Need to Publish

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
You will frequently hear that you need to publish frequently to get traffic and generate revenue. However, how frequently should you publish? If your blog ranks high on search engines, you might already receiving a lot of traffic and generating revenue, so you might not have to post too often. If you have subscribers and have returning visitors, new content will keep your regular readers interested. If you have social traffic, publishing new content frequently might attract visitors. You will have to understand your traffic first. Search engines send traffic when your content ranks high. Once it ranks high, you keep getting traffic. But make sure your content targets popular keywords to rank well.

Etini

Valued Contributor
There is no set timeframe that you should be publishing on your blog but it should be as frequently enough to keep your users anticipating fresh contents to look out for. You have to retain your users and keep them on their toes to visit your site.

I write stories and I found out that with the size of user base that I have, they get frustrated if I stay three days without an update, especially if it is a very engrossing story. Fresh contents show that your contents are timely and can increase the time that readers spend on your site. I would say once a week is ideal for any blog.