How Eating Onions Can You Improve Your Bone Health?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Onions are one of the most popularly consumed food all over the world. There is hardly any dish that does not contain onion as an ingredient. Onions are also widely known for bringing tears to your eyes. However, rest assured! They are indeed one of the most healthiest food you can ever eat because it is packed with a lot of healthy nutrients. On the other hand, there are probably many people who might be suffering from bone loss. A study also proves that onions might be also good for your bones. The study was conducted by the scientists of the American Chemical Society who found that onions improved bone health in mice. This also demonstrates that it is also good for humans, too.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I don't eat cooked onions I prefer chewing it raw that's when I feel the taste and not when it is cooked. I love eating onions with grilled meat, roasted meat, with enough pepper. I didn't even know the benefits of what I'm eating, that it helps makes the bone stronger. That's a welcome research carried out by you concerning onions benefits to the health.

AmaliaTG

Onions are one of the most popularly consumed food all over the world. There is hardly any dish that does not contain onion as an ingredient. Onions are also widely known for bringing tears to your eyes. However, rest assured! They are indeed one of the most healthiest food you can ever eat because it is packed with a lot of healthy nutrients. On the other hand, there are probably many people who might be suffering from bone loss. A study also proves that onions might be also good for your bones. The study was conducted by the scientists of the American Chemical Society who found that onions improved bone health in mice. This also demonstrates that it is also good for humans, too.
This is interesting that onions can actually improve strength of your bones. I believe anyone of us have consumed onions in one way or another if not daily basis and it's a good things you've given us the benefits of onions because we always consume it and cook our food with it without knowing it's benefits. But I am glad now I know.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Onion is a one of the spices that I love the most. I always taste it whenever I am slicing it maybe during cooking. Though I don't like the smell in my mouth. I don't even know that onion as well can serve as a source of calcium for stronger bone. Maybe this post will let me increase the consumption of onions.

Sodiq

Onions are loaded with several vitamins, minerals and other nutritional compounds that are needed to promote our health in various ways. They are herbaceous plant which belongs to Liliaceae family, They are also called Allium Cepa. Onions are highly rich in sulphur and other nutritional compounds, they are highly medicinal and healthy for human health.

Onions due to their medicinal properties they contain, They can be used as an antiseptic, antibiotic, carminative and also antimicrobial. Onion are believed generally to be low in calories, cholesterol among others. They also contain healthy fibers, potassium, vitamins C, vitamin B and other medicinal compounds.

Below are some unique health benefits of consuming onions in a daily basis;

1. Eating onions on a regular basis can strengthens your immune system

2. Eating onion can helps to regulate blood sugar level in your body system

3. Eating onions can also relief you from several headache

4. Onion juice can also be used to cure ear and eye problems. Onion juice is generally used for newborn babies as an eye drops

5. Onion juice is generally known for removing dark spot or pigments from the body. To archive this, you just need to mix tumeric juice with onion juice and apply it to the affected area or region.