How does losing sleep affect your health?

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
Losing sleep affects your health in a number of ways.

First and foremost, it can make you less productive at work and school. In fact, a study of students who had lost sleep for more than four days found that they were more likely to have missed class or failed to do homework than their well-rested peers. To make matters worse, the study also found that these students were less likely to be doing homework or studying for exams when they were asleep. which means they'll have less chance of getting ahead in school.

Second, not sleeping enough can lead to weight gain and obesity. As we age, our bodies become less efficient at storing energy as fat stores, which means we need to eat more food in order to maintain our weight. When you don't get enough sleep each night because you're tired from staying up late studying or working on projects, this can add up over time and cause weight gain.

Finally, not sleeping enough can impact your mood and cause stress levels to rise which are believed by many experts to be linked with depression and other mental health conditions like anxiety and depression as well as high cholesterol levels (among other things).

SHAHID987

Losing sleep effect on our health in many ways, we usually don't remain productive particularly in our jobs, as I myself observed it as when I didn't take required sleep at night then on next day my mind don't work properly. Boss call me several times and told that today you are not working properly and you are making mistakes one after another, furthermore I remain feel uncomfortable and it effects on my mood so my interaction with my colleagues markedly effected they also started trying to avoid me, I had taken this experience so many times, and so I always try to sleep well at night to enjoy with life and to become more productive.