How do you feel when you inexplicably transfered your funds to the wrong wallet??

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I remembered the very day i mistakenly transfered my Bitcoin to a Bitcoin cash wallet address, thinking its a Bitcoin address. That is around October 2020, that left a soured feelings to my life. The wallet i was using back then, being cryptoswapp.com didn't spot such error, they allowed me to carry out that transaction. I was sending it to my Bitcoin address via faucetpay.io, not knowing i copied a Bitcoin cash address, the value of the Bitcoin i mistakenly transfered was $25. I felt regretted and vowed not to transfer coins to another wallet address without checking it thoroughly.

Have you accrued such kind of error(s) before??

Josemendez

Verified member
I think the answer to this question is quite obvious. No one will be happy for that , because it means the money is lost forever , as the receiving address will be different from the sending address. However , I wonder how this is possible. Imagine mistakenly sending Bitcoin to a Bitcoin cash address and the money showing sent ,without reaching the destination.
At first I thought that such transaction will be reverted ,but until I too made the mistake , I came to realize that , once such thing happens , the money is gone forever.
This is why we need to be very happy while sending cryptocurrency. These coins that got lost in such transaction , together with wallets that the user has lost their recovery keys , contribute to the number of lost coins in the cryptocurrency world.

Khezo

This question doesn't need much thinking to get answered. Imagine transferring your hard earned money from your bank account to another person that you dont know. Of course you would be pained, probably blame yourself a lot and think about it for the rest of the week. After that, nothing. The hustle continues. Peace

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I think the answer to this question is quite obvious. No one will be happy for that , because it means the money is lost forever , as the receiving address will be different from the sending address. However , I wonder how this is possible. Imagine mistakenly sending Bitcoin to a Bitcoin cash address and the money showing sent ,without reaching the destination.
At first I thought that such transaction will be reverted ,but until I too made the mistake , I came to realize that , once such thing happens , the money is gone forever.
This is why we need to be very happy while sending cryptocurrency. These coins that got lost in such transaction , together with wallets that the user has lost their recovery keys , contribute to the number of lost coins in the cryptocurrency world.
Yes, all the misplaced coins contribute to the lost coins in the blockchain. They need to remind them and add it up to their existing Crypto coin in oder to high the amount of the available coins. It saddened my heart when such kind of error occurred back then in October 2020. It left a soured taste that didn't fade easily. I vowed to myself never to make such mistakes again, since I know it will vanish without trash and revering I better be careful next time I'm sending any coins to a different Cryptocurrency address. I will make sure that i cross check it very well and proceed to not accrue errors that will will dishearten me, since then i never experienced such, cos I make sure it corresponds perfectly without trace of errors.

Kennysplash

Verified member
I remembered the very day i mistakenly transfered my Bitcoin to a Bitcoin cash wallet address, thinking its a Bitcoin address. That is around October 2020, that left a soured feelings to my life. The wallet i was using back then, being cryptoswapp.com didn't spot such error, they allowed me to carry out that transaction. I was sending it to my Bitcoin address via faucetpay.io, not knowing i copied a Bitcoin cash address, the value of the Bitcoin i mistakenly transfered was $25. I felt regretted and vowed not to transfer coins to another wallet address without checking it thoroughly.

Have you accrued such kind of error(s) before??
I have never made such mistake, and I really feel with people that do. But it has happened to me when I transferred money from a bank account to another one. I missed a number, and I didn't check the name it brought. The money went into another bank account. I went to the bank maybe they can help me reverse the transaction, but if they could they were not willing to help. I realized that the transport I was spending to and fro was almost equal to what I lost, so I just left it. It seems the account is a dormant account, I could not handle all the stress the were making me go through.

Mayorla

I have made this mistake before, and I was pained because there was no way the Bitcoin could be recovered..
Ever since then, I always made sure I re-check the address I am sending the Bitcoin to before confirming it..

eenya00

I have never been on this boat and I earnestly wish to never be in this kind of a situation, imagine transferring your hard earned money to a wrong wallet without even knowing how to retrieve it back, that would be very painful and in some cases could ultimately lead to depression especially if you are cash strapped within that period.

eenya00

I have never been on this boat and I earnestly wish to never be in this kind of a situation, imagine transferring your hard earned money to a wrong wallet without even knowing how to retrieve it back, that would be very painful and in some cases could ultimately lead to depression especially if you are cash strapped within that period.

Lyrrex

Oh bro! I feel your pain. It's a very common mistake, especially with newbies in the crypto sphere. Although I've never transferred cryptocurrency to the wrong address, but I've mistakenly sent to the wrong wallet address but I was very lucky that day, because It I happened that I knew the person who owned the wallet